My client a large global brand is looking for an experienced Product Owner on a initial 6 Month contract. The roles is as follows:
Product Owner - Network Modernisation (Manager)
The Network Modernisation team within the business is leading a 3 year effort to create a flexible, scalable infrastructure that facilitates our continued competition as a world-class payments brand into the next decade. The team is leading business delivery across a global SAFE agile structure to drive quality business processes, ensure adherence to the principles of the program and create the potential and capabilities expected of the Network Modernisation program.
The Software Product Owner is part of the Network Delivery Team. This team interfaces with business partners that provide the subject matter expertise related to their products and processes, creates features and user stories and leads scope discussions and analysis required to define and deliver the minimum viable program.
- Work collaboratively with business and technology partners to identify and deliver Network capabilities on the new Network
- Own and manage the Network Modernisation backlog which includes creating and reviewing Initiatives, Capabilities, Features and User Stories with Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure all aspects of Initiatives, Capabilities, Features and User Stories are managed within the Rally tool
- Handles all aspects of scope management throughout the agile delivery cycle including the approval of development prior to release into production
- Influence, lead and communicate to all levels across a broad range of customers and constituents
- Develop a technical understanding of the new Network as it is being built
- Provide consultancy to business partners to ensure that processes and platforms are utilised appropriately
- Expertise in Payment Processing processes - Authorisation and/or Clearing and Settlement - an real advantage
- Experience with Agile Delivery Framework and tools (Rally) - much preferred
- Experience delivering complex system development
- Experience eliciting and articulating business requirements
- Ability to think strategically and understand how solution approach fits into technical environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate complexities - essential
- Driving results and collaborating in a cross-functional and global environment - essential
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and influencing skills - essential
- Flexibility in supporting various time zones, as this role supports a global initiative - essential
- Independent thinker and comfortable with making project level decisions - essential