Fenchurch Street, London
£80,000 plus full benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. The global company operates in all lines of insurance, with more than 42,000 employees throughout the world.
As a Project Manager, you will play a key role in the operation and support of the client's IT products (applications).
This role is responsible for ensuring products are maintained to deliver high quality results based on industry and company standard solutions, aligned to risk and compliance requirements, to cover the financial and reinsurance operational capabilities of the business.
- Ensure the stable run of the applications, including setup and management of run, support, incident and monitoring processes aligned with the needs of the business, escalates and manages solutions for major incidents.
- Undertake regular operational review meetings with AMS partner and vendors/providers including business stakeholders where required. Ensure review documentation is centrally held and actions from meetings are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and current information on applications, interfaces, servers, run roles and responsibilities etc. in central repositories such as Lean IX and SNOW CMDB.
- Keep all information up to date to run the applications including SLAs, availability, critical business time frames (month end, quarter end etc.).
- Assist project teams to ensure timely and appropriate handover to AMS partner for new products or major releases and that all required processes, standards and artefacts are in place.
- Conduct and update compliance gates on products as required and ensure that the applications are running securely.
- Manage software licenses needed for the application and ensure third party contracts are kept up to date in accordance with global asset management
- Proactively manage application run costs, forecasts and track budgets are running to plan.
- Ensure purchase orders are raised correctly and in a timely manner for approval with requisite goods receipts created to facilitate invoice payments.
- Liaise with IT towers to ensure that testing and validation of applications is undertaken and confirmed following disaster recovery testing, patching, upgrades etc.
- 3-5 years professional background in product management or application operation in the Financial industry.
- Proven experience in managing application support and an ability to coordinate the efforts of others in the delivery of stable applications to the business.
- Well organised with a good ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Necessary gravitas to deal with senior business owners with SME and expert presence.
- Good knowledge of IT SDLC and application management.
- Proven experience owning business and partner/vendor relationships.
- High level of service and internal/external client orientation as well as driver of operational efficiency.
If you're someone who is looking for a career working with a fantastic team, please click apply now!