Principal Engineer (C++)
Fancy working for a market leading financial information company? Currently seeking qualified candidates to join their Backend development team. Qualified candidates should have experience in large-scale enterprise C++ development for Linux. Knowledge in financial area as well as experience in Python are big pluses as well as handling large volumes of data for near real-time availability. The role is to be based in the UK as we wish to establish a set of key resources here to act as a bridge between US-based expertise and development teams primarily based in Eastern Europe and Bangalore.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Lead requirements review to ensure they answer the business need and deliver expected functionality.
- Develop code following best practice design patterns. Review designs with peers while following company standard Agile and CI/CD processes
- Produce high quality, maintainable resilient software that performs at required levels in a 24 x7 data processing environment.
- Improving technical solutions to make them more stable and maintainable.
- Produce and implement automated testing and integrate with the CICD tools, GIT, Jenkins, Docker, etc
Other key skills needed
- Excellent communication skills to act as a bridge between the US-based Product Owners and SMEs and development teams.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills to review and constructively critique technical designs and troubleshoot issues
- Leadership skills to encourage critical and analytical thinking around technical designs and system problems
- C++/C - preferably with a focus on performance,
- SOAP/REST API and JSON
- Git or Mercurial
- Queues and ESB
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance