Principal Accessibility Designer
Canary Wharf 3 x per week
Our client, a market leading Financial Institution are looking for a Principal Accessibility Designer, to join them on a customer-based project based in Canary Wharf 3 days per week. The assignment is an initial 6-month contract and can offer a competitive daily rate via Umbrella
Job Description Summary
Are you passionate about Design and how it can be used and creates value for all of our customers and business? Do you understand complex environments such as professional financial industries? Do you want to work in a dynamic, stimulating industry that has global reach and impact?
We are growing. We are looking for a Principal Accessibility Designer to join our multi-disciplinary team working work on professional financial & risk platforms, products and services across web, desktop and mobile with a specific focus on our finance communities.
We shape sophisticated financial data into strategies, tools, and experiences that all our customers need and value. Our users demand real-time content and tools so that they can do their job efficiently. Our client provides the products and services in the form of interactive data visualisations, experiences, language, and workflows, bringing everything together within a unified framework for our customers.
Do you live and breathe accessible product design? Are you passionate about the design of complex financial systems? Do you yearn to craft the most beautiful, accessible, and valuable experiences? Do you want to work in a dynamic, stimulating industry that has global reach and huge impact? Our Client Design is looking for an outstanding product accessibility designer to join our growing product design team.
Our flagship platforms and products are used by many thousands of users across the globe. Traders, brokers, wealth analysts, C-level, portfolio managers, researchers, risk analysts, and others use them in diverse ways, in different contexts, in different countries, in different workflows, and with different needs. Our users rely on our products to deliver real-time, highly complex information in a way that they need, when they need it. This is delivered via desktop, mobile and web. Our platforms and products lead the financial industry. They offer fantastic opportunities for designers to really push the bounds of what is possible and deliver outstanding inclusive experiences for our customers.
As a Principal Accessibility Designer:
- You are comfortable delivering in a complex stakeholder environment and leading on a wide range of accessibility engagements
- Will provide in-depth accessibility guidance to all our project tribes, collaborating across the product lifecycle from requirements through to delivery and beyond
- Will manage, support, and document our product accessibility standards in our product design system and tools ensuring all assets have accessibility consideration built in from the core.
- Will ensure our standards are managed, updated, applied, and maintained through research, collaboration, and knowledge of current trends
- Provide specialist advice to middle and senior management to resolve complex issues
- Support and enforce our team's tools, processes, practises, and design system
- Develop the process/approach for tackling a problem within your and your team's skillset and experiences
- As our Accessibility expert, will advocate, educate, train, and build an inclusive culture within the design team and beyond, keeping up to date with international accessibility standards
- Will keep aware of emerging trends, methods, technologies, and standards analysing their potential impact on our product standards
- Have a strong appetite for accessibility within complex environments, thinking about workflows, managing and consuming large and deep data through data visualisations across a global marketspace
- Enjoy seeing your work taken through the trials of implementation and into the users' hands
- Are comfortable working alongside or within Agile (ideally SAFe) product development processes
- And of course, continually share and align your work with the wider design teams.
As a Principal Accessibility Designer, you will:
- Have a degree in design or a relevant discipline, plus significant relevant experience. We do appreciate there are ways into experience design outside of formal education. Whatever the route you've taken, you should have a firm grip on your discipline's body of knowledge as well as the wider design and product delivery practice
- Ideally, have accessibility certifications or qualifications
- Be fluent in WCAG 2.1 (AA) guidelines and understand WAI-ARIA, UAAG, and ATAG specifications.
- Be expert in assistive technologies across different platforms (web, desktop, tablet, mobile) and operating systems (Windows, OSX, iOS, Android)
- Have a long history of successfully driving accessibility adoption, culture, and delivery within the professional financial or similarly complex enterprise industries
- Have demonstrable experience in a similar role and able to show evidence of how accessibility and inclusion affects the approach and value of product design
- Have experience of guiding multi-disciplinary, multi-locational design, product, and development teams
- Have strong design, collaboration, and communication skills with evidence of guiding as a senior designer and also able to contribute at a team level
- Have knowledge of professional financial design is a bonus, but you will be able to demonstrate hands-on experience of crafting successful user experiences that met business and user needs for complex domains
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, APPLY NOW!