Job Title: SC Cleared Senior Platforms Engineer
Rate: Up to £750 per day via an approved umbrella company inside IR35
Location: Either Malvern, Farnborough or Boscombe/Hybrid
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
As a member of our clients team, you will provide support and subject matter expertise to the function. Delivering planned or requested activities, which will depend on the requirements of the individual task in order to effectively deliver high quality services to their customers.
Including but not limited to:
- Support the Head of UK IT Services and the UK Shared Services function in the delivery of IT platform and domain services to our client across physical, virtual and cloud based technologies
- Act as the primary technical escalation for systems/services within your remit ensuring obsolescence is reviewed and support the development of suitable roadmaps. This includes the development and maintenance of standards in respect of platform related services
- Act as a source of technical knowledge and expertise for other areas of IT Services mentoring others as appropriate
- Lead elements of the development new technologies and enhancements to existing systems
- Drive initiatives to identify and deliver improvements to existing services
- Provide technical leadership within your specialism
- Guide and support successful transition of new technologies/solutions into service
- Collaborate to develop solutions and services aligned to our clients strategies and requirements
- Maintain a high level of understanding of existing and new technologies and provide mentoring to less experience members of IT Services under your own initiative
- Ensure that support documentation is maintained and configuration records for all platforms systems is up to date at point of deployment taking ownership for any that are out of compliance and ensuring the issue is rectified
- Identify and develop methods and procedures to improve security and data privacy within the current portfolio of solutions as well potentially providing support during the analysis and remedial actions during and after security incidents.
- Assist in developing and maintaining disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities
- Where necessary work with IT architecture teams to development and deliver IT solutions to the highest professional standards aligned to both IT and business requirements.
- Develop knowledge on the implementation of mature services including monitoring, automation, scripting and asset management tooling
- Ensure solutions implemented and activities undertaken, meet all functional and security requirements.
- Focus on continually reviewing, maintaining and improving system security.
- Apply an approach of "automate first" when developing, implementing or supporting IT solutions
- Act as an primary escalation point on IT incidents and problems if required
- Comply with configuration control requirements
- Ensure all mandatory training is under taken.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Extensive (5+ years) experience of enterprise level IT systems in the platforms space
- A Technical Degree (i.e. within a Computer Science, Math's, Engineering or equivalent field), and/or 5+ years relevant technical experience
- Professional accreditation from relevant technology vendors or equivalent experience. (Microsoft Certified, RHCE, VCP etc.)
- Extensive knowledge across Microsoft Server 2019/2022 (Windows 10/11 advantageous) including cloud hosted examples
- Extensive experience across the administration of client operating systems
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and other domain service functions including those hosted in cloud environments
- Extensive understanding of security and vulnerability management across relevant technologies
- Experience in administering Linux Operating Systems including CentOS and Redhat
- Experience or familiarity with Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Knowledge and practical application experience around IT Security Standards
- Experience in applying ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials+ requirements into an enterprise level IT service
- Experience in automation technologies and techniques relevant to technical specialism
- Ability to engage with a cross-section of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- Service orientated internal and customer facing skills
- Exceptional system analysis experience
- Extensive experience in enterprise level anti-virus/anti-malware solutions
- Excellent experience in aligning services to IT security standards in an enterprise environment
- Experience in communicating and demonstrating of IT & Corporate systems and solutions, current trends and emerging technologies to stakeholder and business leaders.
- Experience in a service delivery, best practice environment
- ITIL v4.0 (or above) Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation
- Security Clearance (SC) is required for this role and must be maintained
If this is the role for you please submit your CV at your earliest convenience.