Performance Tester- Java
Southend (remote initially)
Up to £440 per day
Our client is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
The key responsibilities of the job will include:
* Review non-functional specifications to verify that they are unambiguous and testable
* Undertake and document performance risk analysis as required
* Produce Workload Analysis Document / Performance Test Approach document from project non-functional specifications
* Assist in the review and assurance of PVT testing completed on components by the Development teams.
* Produce Performance Test scripts and scenarios (automated and manual) in accordance with the documented approach
* Execute the performance tests prescribed within the Workload Analysis Document / Performance Test Design and document any deviation from the test scenarios as originally defined, along with analysis of any resulting risk
* Generate and load test data for load testing
* Log the results of the tests and present any extrapolation required to indicate how the application may perform in Production environment
* Document defects discovered during the running of the tests
* Work with Technical Lead and other resources across the development and environments teams to rectify issues encountered during testing and tune the application performance.
* Retest any defects raised and fixed.
* Report progress to the Test Manager and other key stakeholders as necessary, which may include client representatives
* Java with Reactive Streams / Spring Boot / Spring WebFlux
* PostgreSQL or equivalent relational database
* Experience of testing RESTful APIs and VME hosted systems
* Experience testing application interfaces
* Strong experience in JMeter scripting, this is the test tool of choice on the project.
- Performance test scenario and data planning
* Performance test execution
* Defect analysis
* Results presentation
* Strong technical background/capability (e.g. good knowledge of a software language)
* Defect Tracking Tools - use of defect tracking tools to manage defect tracking and interpret defect trends
* Fundamental understanding of common application technologies (e.g. web server, database)
* Knowledge in Performance Testing Cycle/Stages
* Ability to perform test preparation activities
* Testing types - Smoke/Sanity testing, Load, Incremental Load, Scalability, Stress, Soak
* Ability to design and create - load models and scripts, environment readiness verification
* Understanding and performance monitoring of different servers (web, app, db), protocols, infrastructure, counter types and different application layers (security, presentation, communication and abstraction) including new mobile technologies
* Experience using performance monitoring tools and identifying bottlenecks
* Ability to liaise with development team, business team, project managers, developers and testers
* Ability to carry out test performance and test completion reporting
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.