Oncology Brand Manager
£608.65 per day via Umbrella
Remote / Reading
Contract until December 2021
Brand Manager is accountable for driving brand performance through the leadership and delivery of key projects and activities that contribute to the operational plan achievement. The Brand Manager will also play a key role in contributing to the preparation and delivery of the brand plan (strategic and operational) and working in a cross functional manner to ensure brand objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
Preparation and execution of key projects and activities within the Operational Plan to drive brand performance
- Preparation of new campaigns, projects and activities identified through the brand planning process.
- Supporting the patient support programme through development of appropriate and compliant materials.
- Ensure alignment of projects and activities with brand strategic objectives and Critical Success Factors
- Working cross functionally to ensure plans are optimally developed with team buy in, and delivered to plan, on time, and within budget
- Ensure plan is aligned with global guidelines and meets short term and longer term brand objectives
- Work with budget holders and the procurement team to ensure all projects and activities are delivered at the right cost with the right supplier
- Roll out projects and activities to the relevant customer group through strong leadership and communication skills to ensure adoption and implementation
- Tracks performance to ensure delivery of activities and brand KPIs
- Ensures strong management of promotional materials in line with SOP
Cross functional leadership
- Work cross functionally to ensure all plans, projects and activities are planned and executed with the appropriate stakeholder buy in and collaborative working
- Ensure regular meetings and project updates occur to keep all team members on track
- Provide strong and clear communication and messaging to internal stakeholders such as sales force so that commercial teams are aligned, and are clear on goals and deliverables to achieve brand objectives
- Ensures cross functional team effectiveness by developing optimal team ways of working
Customer centric approach
- Ensure proportion of role objectives include customer-facing activities with minimum expectation as attendance at professional meetings and congress, with sustainable relationships developed with key clinical and non-clinical influencers
- Drive scientific, NHS and insight-led approach to plans and activities putting customer and patient needs at the centre
- Create customer and patient solutions through tailored value propositions appropriate for the different NHS bodies across the UK
Contribute to Strategic brand plan
- Contributes to the development of the strategic brand plan by providing appropriate insights
- Work with Business Operations and Excellence colleagues to contribute to strategic brand plan long-term horizon scanning
- Takes strategic plan objectives and CSFs and develops plans, projects and activities in-line with the strategic plan
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Detailed understanding of ABPI and IPHA Code of Practice and its practical application in a business environment.
- Experience in pharmaceutical product / brand marketing
- Experience of producing compliant patient support materials and working with regulatory teams to ensure compliance
- Substantial and sustainable sales/marketing/commercial/market research experience that should include working on a diverse brand mix (experience of new and mature), product launch experience, market analytical and forecasting ability, ideally experience within dermatology or an in depth knowledge of dermatology in the UK and Ireland
- Ability to work within a highly scrutinised and challenged, (global and UK & Ireland) team in order to meet the demands associated with a major pharmaceutical product launch
- Strong strategic marketing, analytical and planning skills.
- Leadership of multidisciplinary teams to effective implementation of strategy.
- Clear communication style that will inspire and direct teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of the modern NHS/HSE/Department of Health Ireland and how to influence it favourably.
- Self-awareness and versatility that will enable strong upwards and sideways influence