Role Type: Contract / Permanent / Experis Employed Consultant
Start Date: January / Februrary 2024
Hybrid Working Model - travel to site is required occassionally
**Active SC Cleared candidates preferred for contract - SC eligible for permanent seat
- Working as part of a team of around 8 developers, you will be part of the project team tasked with developing the next generation of acoustic health measurement software that takes measurements on surface and subsurface vessels at the ranges.
- The project will entail a complete re-design of existing software, whilst also creating ground-breaking new features to meet the needs of the customer. Working in an Agile environment, you will undertake development activities using MATLAB.
Essential skills and knowledge
- The successful applicant will ideally be able to demonstrate previous experience of:
- Developing complex and UI intensive applications in MATLAB for compiled deployment
- Object orientated design, patterns and implementation
- Developing and documenting software module designs
- Developing high quality, robust and production ready MATLAB code
- Design for test and developing automated tests in the MATLAB unit test framework
- Constructively reviewing the development activities of other team members
- Working on fast paced rapidly evolving Agile software development projects
- Using Atlassian tool set - Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Drive to deliver positive outcomes and high-quality products.
- Underwater Acoustics
- Signal processing systems or Signal analysis would be an advantage but not essential
- Familiarity with agile working methods would be advantageous but is not essential.