Location: Southwark, London, GB, SE1 1UN
Salary £48,000-£50,000 depending on Experience
About the role
Purpose of role: To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial operation for the three Fire Training contracts within the Emergency Services area. To ensure financial integrity of the contract accounting and to support the financial requirements of the contract and the day to day operations team whilst also playing a key role in driving efficiency's.
* Production of high quality, timely and accurate financial and management information to improve decision making and generate insight towards business performance.
* Provide effective Financial Planning & Analysis through preparation of budgets, forecasts and analysis in support of monthly timetables and strategic planning processes.
* Partnering with Operational Managers to enable them to understand and manage their budgets and headcounts
* Provide support to Finance Manager on ad hoc projects and bids as required
* Familiarisation with key elements of commercial contracts to be able to challenge and support others where required.
* Responsibility for administrating key long term accounting standards involving EAC (Estimate at Completion) and IFRIC12 standards and control of financial models.
* Own and drive the improvement and documentation of controls and processes in support of both operational and central governance requirements.
* Development of detailed analysis on Financial and Non-Financial KPI's to allow budgets to be adhered to and further cost savings to be identified.
* Produce Operational Dashboard(s) containing Financial and Non-Financial Information for Monthly Contract Reviews.
* Ensure the integrity of the P &L including any balance sheet adjustments, and ensuring all costs are allocated correctly, timely within the system parameters and can be fully substantiated.
* Ensure all work performed is billed on a timely basis.
* Support the weekly cash-flow forecasts in accordance with central reporting requirements.
* To work with other members of Emergency Services finance team to drive forward continuous improvement.
* Prepare statutory information for and support annual internal and external audits.
* Monthly reviews with Operational Managers.
* Robust Management and control of Long Term Contract Accounting Models, including IFRIC 12 models.
* Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management packs, balance sheet reconciliations, journals, management accounts, cash-flow submission, budgets, forecasts, quarterly statutory accounting and tax packs.
* Deliverables to the customer including quarterly and annual returns and pricing of new courses.
* Managing the function in line with the Group's corporate governance policies, processes and procedures.
* Protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
* Demonstrate through you behaviour and interactions the principles of 'Being Babcock'
* Senior Management (BU Contract Management & Directors)
* Finance Teams (BU / Sector / Group)
* Operational teams (Contract Management & Budget Holders)
* Customers: Local Government Bodies, LFB, SAG Fire Authorities, South Wales Fire Authorities.
* Bank Representatives,
What do I need to do the role?
Key Skills / competencies:
* Commercially astute - helps to drive strong commercial performance through understanding of contractual obligations and their interaction with the daily activities.
* Excellent financial & non-financial reporting and costs analysis.
* Able to work to tight deadlines
* Able to interpret and explain financial data
Key Analytical & Communication Skills:
* Numerically literate and able to understand and manipulate detailed financial spreadsheets
* Understand activity/input driven assumptions and how they impact the "bigger picture".
* Able to communicate finance information effectively to non-finance staff.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Key Behaviours & Attributes:
* Proactive, ambitious and engaging individual with an enquiring nature
* Maintains focus, manages and delivers under pressure
* Effective team member and individual contributor
* High level thinking and attention to detail - Knowing when & where to remain at a high level, and when to drill into detail.
* Self-driven and confident to take ownership of key areas for improvement
* Demonstrate commercial awareness
* Able to interpret and explain financial data to non-finance staff.
* Highly motivated
* Educated to Degree level preferred, but not essential.
* Qualified CIMA/ACA /ACCA
* Advanced MS Excel Skills.
* Good MS Word & MS PowerPoint skills.
* Willing to undertake travel to other UK sites as required
Experience & Knowledge:
* Experience of Navision/SAP and BPC would be an advantage
* Experience of complex contract & performance reporting
* Experience of producing financial and non-financial dashboards
* Experience of contributing towards wider FPA processes, i.e. budgeting, forecasting and consolidation cycles.
* Experience of creating and documenting processes & controls.
* Some experience of presenting financial information to non-finance staff.
* Knowledge of Long Term Contract accounting principles and IFRIC12 an advantage.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
- London, Greater London, England
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- about 1 month ago