Lead Weapons Engineer (Missiles/Explosives)
£65,000 + Benefits + Bonus + Hybrid Working (WFH/Site)
Are you an expert in Weapons, Missiles and Explosives looking for a leadership role within one of the UK's leading defence companies?
You will be highly knowledgeable in your field, responsible for defining and delivering technical projects, exploring with and influencing director level customers to understand their business and commercial issues and contribute key insights. You will champion the energetic materials and weapons capability to meet the needs of the UK and International markets.
- Develop capability areas in line with relevant business campaigns such as International, Smart Qualification and Test and Evaluation
- Providing subject matter expertise in energetic materials, their processing methods, manufacturing techniques and failure analysis providing critical advice to MOD on a range of weapon systems from complex missiles through to their sub-components.
- Ensure that work tasks are delivered to the specified time, cost, required quality standards a
- Lead work proposals providing the technical scope, schedule and risk
- Explore and develop potential business opportunities with current and potential customers
- Providing thought leadership in the development of new strategies for energetic materials through working with MOD, primes and academia
- Significant knowledge of energetic materials, their manufacture into components, and related technologies in the context of weapons system safety and performance is required
- Degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent professional qualification
- 8-10 years professional experience within the industry
- Understanding of systems engineering, technical assurance requirements and processes
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter and we will be in contact.