Experis are currently recruiting for a Lead Tester for a large public sector client working within the Higher Education industry. This is a urgent role for the client and the successful contractor must be available at short notice.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experienced Test Lead with experience of managing other testers
- Able to conduct end-to-end testing on applications and technology, to ensure that business, technical, functional and non-functional requirements are being met throughout the agile SDLC.
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques
- Good experience with Agile development methodologies and testing in agile development
- Pro-active in requirements gathering and analysing need for test in given scope of project using BDD (Behavioural driven development)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and an ability to understand complex applications with a keen eye for detail.
- Follow and improve testing standards and strategy document as new best practices are evolved.
- Experience of introducing new, suitable test techniques, processes and tooling.
- Identify test types and coverage for ongoing projects and implements strategy to achieve them.
- Liaising with product owner/project managers, teams and team leaders
- Able to work closely with developers as part of small Scrum teams in an agile dev-test environment.
- Experience of a test management tool such as Azure Devops - Test Hub or equivalent
- Experience in Manual, Automation (Unit/UI Functional/Integration), Performance and Accessibility testing using industry standard tools - preferably Microsoft products.
- Experience in test automation tools and framework - such as Specflow, Selenium, Appium, Xamarin (mobile UI test automation), Jmeter or similar
- Experience in exploratory testing and assisting/coordinating UAT testing
- Experience in basic SQL queries and backend testing.
- Experience in mobile app and responsive testing
- Preparing test scripts and frameworks for automated regression suite.
- Conducting continuous testing and upgrades throughout sprints
- ISTQB foundation level certification
Desirable Skills & Experience
- ISTQB certified to Advanced and/or Agile Tester
- Mentoring and training scrum team to increase test capacity.
- Experience of Microsoft Azure Test Hub to manage work, bugs, test plans & cases, etc.
- Xamarin and Microsoft Test Cloud
- Cloud (e.g. Azure) for hosting, test automation, etc.
- Knowledge or experience in release management