Remote, but must be willing to go to London a handful of times a month
Up to £605 p/d (with an Umbrella company)
We are looking for developers to come and join our exciting Evolve platform. We have a number of interesting projects going on using a number of different technology stacks. You would fit well in our team if you
- Enjoy working on a variety of projects and not being constrained to just one single system or area
- Have some experience in both front and back end development, or are keen to learn
- Are comfortable working with minimal guidance and applying your experience to come up with the best solutions whilst working with a variety of stakeholders
**All the apps are written in NodeJS/HTML with a PostgresDB.**
We expect you to participate in all parts of the development life-cycle including analysis, testing and production support. We do not have separate teams and these activities are all part of the role.
The successful candidate will be expected to the following:
- Work within a team of 4 - 6 people with a dedicated product owner. Most teams are in a single location but it may be geographically dispersed
- Take a business requirement, divide it up into stories and deliver each story iterative to production.
- Product support is integral to the role - we have a saying, "the team builds it, the team supports it".
- Identify areas of technical debt, ensure a healthy balance of tech debt and new functionality is prioritised and worked on
- For new items you need to design the solution and ensure that it follows technology guidelines and constraints
- Pairing with other members of the team
Essential Technical Skills
- Demonstrable experience of programming in multiple programming languages
- At least one language at expert level
- Working knowledge of a UNIX
- Must understand databases from a consumer point of view and a good understanding of how-to setup relational database
- Knowledge of HTTP APIs e.g. RESTful APIs
What are we doing?
- We are dealing with lots of legacy systems in the bank, we are strangling some of these and exposing their functionality through APIs
- We have a lot of tech debt in our own systems and we are iterating it all of the time, improving the estate whilst delivering business value
- In order to move at pace across multiple teams we are breaking down monolithic architectures to smaller services with well bounded business contexts
- We are pushing to change how development teams work with other groups in the bank such as infrastructure, security, business risk. We are helping to drive the banks' wider DevOps agenda and breaking down the silos that have become so prevalent over the last decade
- We help other teams to move faster, by showing then them simple techniques they can implement immediately to move towards continuous delivery
- We are delivery focused, and out of the 200 people in the department 80% are in development roles. Our programme and project management function is lean.
IF you feel like your skill set matches the spec, then please submit your CV and we will be in touch!