LEAD DEVELOPER - 6 MONTH CONTRACT - ££ DEPENDENT ON EXP - OUTSIDE IR35
One of our Key Clients is looking for a Lead Developer and a Tech Lead to join their team on a contract basis. Initial duration of contract will be six month but has scope for extension. It will also sit outside IR35, so will allow for engagement with LTD companies.
- Technical elaboration of client requirements and low-level solution design
- Implementation of frontend & backend systems for our clients
- Quality assurance and code reviews of existing codebases
- Participation in release management
- Participation in Agile Ceremonies
- Coaching development team
- Discussing requirements with Clients
For this assignment the client are looking for developers who are competent with or experts on (depending on seniority) using Scala and the Play! Framework to develop cloud based micro service architecture services with both HTML web frontends and JSON APIs aligned to the GDS Service Standard.
Recent Experience in;
- Scala with SBT
- Play! Framework (Scala bindings)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Version control (Git & GitHub)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Oracle Databases
In addition, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Worked within or led multidisciplinary teams in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Experience delivering solutions confirming to Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Experience delivering solutions aligned to the GDS Service Standard
- Problem-solving skills and ability collaborate with developers to overcome development and operational issues.
- Good communication and team working skills
- Able to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance checks.
- Wider experience in front end web development frameworks
- Experience of in one or more of these languages, Python, Ruby, Node.JS and Go.
- Qualified SCRUM Master
- Qualified in and experience delivering SAFe programmes
- Experience defining the security enforcing measures to meet client's stringent security requirements, including OWASP top 10 and authorisation technologies.
- Proven experience of implementing unit testing of software, Behavior-Driven Development and/or Test-Driven Development.
- Background in the development of Restful Web Services.
- Use of public cloud & API services to deliver applications.
- Understanding how to build observable applications.