Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager (Materials Manufacturing)
Initially until the end of 2022
Hourly Rates: £30 p/hr PAYE or £40 p/hr Umbrella
My client is seeking an experience Project Coordinator or Junior Project Manager with a background in Engineering, Production or Manufacturing.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Project Manager and will be responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of materials (from suppliers and within departments) according to production schedules. They will plan and schedule material/production needs. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgement may be required but this is typically with guidance. A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members.
In addition, you will:
- Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs. Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs. Optimize inventory and process improvements
- Develop in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Use prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy
- Have in-depth understanding of key business drivers; use this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area
- Use some level of judgement and have ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Use prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Have access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions
- To act according to defined Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety instructions, including general and company own rules
- To undertake any other duty and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager
- Strong oral and written communication skills to external and internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market and execute programs
- Established project management skills