Role: Software Engineer / Java
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
In Scope of IR35
Would you like to join a an award winning global Financial market and data Group!
Does this sounds like your ideal role, Apply now!
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development, design of one or multiple systems/components in the Benchmarks & Indices Technology platform.
- Work with Project Manager, Product Manager, Business Analytics, and other stakeholders, to ensure high quality software deliveries via Agile Framework.
- Work with a quality engineering team to ensure new and existing code has appropriate unit test support that are implemented within a test framework.
- Make sure the completion of the objectives assigned to team within the agreed timeframe
- Work with Architects to properly define high level requirement, and translate into low level and detail designs. Assign, guide and trace the system component implementation work by other members. Writing specifications when needed. Design application integration, and customer acceptance solutions. Organize the implementation and test cross-functional systems, and ensure delivered system meets clients and business needs functionally and non-functionally
- Review design, code, implementation and test cases, of own work, or work of colleagues, to ensure compliance to requirements and architectural specifications.
- Work with project team to make modifications to existing software applications, or to develop and integrate new applications according to specifications and industry standards. Able to identify the technical risks in a project and provide solution.
- Liaise with a global group of developers, subject matter experts and product teams to help integrate required functionality into platform.
- Research new and emerging technologies. Evaluate and make recommendations for new tools, technologies, and platforms to be implemented
- Promote internal knowledge sharing and support growth of team members.
- BS or MS Degree in CS, Engineering or related fields
- Experience on Java development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Python, Shell, etc. development and troubleshooting
- Experience in AWS, and / or other Cloud Computing platform
- Experience in implementing REST API standards via data access layer
- Experience working in Spring Framework.
- Strong debug and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows)
- Linux based Real Time or latency-sensitive system development experience is a plus.
- Strong development / networking skills using IP based protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.), and exposure to any middleware is a plus.
- Willing to shift work time to align with global team.
- Ability to solve complex problems in real-time production environment
- Domain knowledge of Refinitiv Real-Time systems and network is a plus. Known the standard Real Time data model or network protocol, such as OMM, RDF, TRWF, is a plus.