IT Support Engineer - 1st & 2nd Line Support - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire
£26,000pa + Extensive Benefits Package
Luton, Bedfordshire, Watford, Hertfordshire
Windows 7/10/11, SCCM, Desktop Software, MS Applications, MAC, Android, Remote Devices, Laptops, Handheld Devices, PowerShell, ITSM, Active Directory, IT Service Desk Software - Heat, Remedy or ServiceNow etc.
This established and renowned organisation provides technical / mechanical, professional education, training and qualifications to develop the skills individuals need to gain employment, increase their earning potential, and improve their life and career chances.
Their students can access a broad range of courses and qualifications, offered on a full and part-time basis, covering further education, higher education, apprenticeships, professional and community learning.
Due to their success, they have secured additional funding over the past 2 years and as a result their IT function have engaged in new technologies which has resulted in expansion and the need to increase IT staffing levels.
As of today, there is a need for IT Support Engineers - 1st / 2nd Line Support and they are recruiting now!
As an IT Support Engineer - 1st & 2nd Line Support, you will be required to deliver day to day IT Business as Usual (BAU) Support Services, also, act as the technical conduit to Senior Support Technicians in improving IT Support Services.
The role of the IT Support Engineer is to provide all 1st & 2nd Line Support for all staff and students. You will be responsible for logging and resolving complex support requests with computer hardware, software, and network systems, as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Key Technical Skills & Responsibilities:
- Script and deploy patches to Windows, Mac and Android devices to ensure compliance targets are met.
- Present change requests to Technical Change Board as required.
- Ensure all service requests are assigned and updated in a timely manner.
- Log first line support calls using the ITSM Service Desk system by taking part in the Service Desk rota.
- Ensure all hardware assets are logged and updated in the Service Desk ITSM tool.
- Look for opportunities to automate processes with the aim of driving down repeated incidents or time spent on routine tasks using SCCM, PowerShell and other appropriate tools
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across core business applications.
- Assist all users with any logged IT related incident when called upon working to resolve service requests within agreed SLA.
- Analyse and identify repeated incidents and raise as a Problem record, then work to resolve the Problem.
- Accurately record, update and document service requests, problems and change requests using the ITSM system.
- Ensure Service Requests follow the correct ITIL lifecycle, including to Incidents and Change Requests
- Ensure the Starter, Mover Leaver process always runs smoothly for technology requests, including hardware, software and Active Directory permissions to ensure a first-class end user experience.
- Act as project lead when required, ensuring skills matrix is updated and colleagues are trained to the required level.
- Support college activity including Exams and maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Challenge the accepted way of working and encourage colleagues to think differently and innovatively.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation
- Work flexibly and reliably across all campuses, taking part in out of hours rotas where necessary.
- Group Policy
- Automated Access
- Microsoft Certifications will be advantageous
- Azure, Azure AD VMWare
- Cloud Azure & Azure Active Directory
Call 0121 712 8715 today!