IT Project Scheduler - Farnborough Base Location (Remote Working)
Our client are dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their team's make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
As an IT Project Scheduler, you will be responsible for the delivery of planning and scheduling support to assigned projects and programmes. This position will involve you working closely with Project and Programme Managers to develop and maintain detailed resource loaded schedules of projects and programmes using PPM2016.
Part of your responsibility will be to develop and maintain summary level schedule reports Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other programme management tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work authorisations, priority based resource allocations, performance variances and to support cost/schedule integration.
You'll work to identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events, as well as troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems. Finally, you will be expected to report on trends, forecasts, project contingency, and schedule risks, as well as update the schedule and compare the actual work performed against the baseline programme.
Key Capabilities / Knowledge
- Construction and development of project schedules from first principles in a proprietary scheduling tool such as PPM2016
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply a variety of schedule analysis and optimisation techniques (such as Critical Path analysis and schedule variance)
- Understand how to work with key stakeholders to monitor and control projects and programmes through the various phases of the delivery lifecycle
- Understand schedule performance tools and techniques e.g., Earned Value Management (EVM)
Experience & Qualifications
- Programme or Project Controls Qualification - Practitioner or equivalent
- Project management qualification; APM membership desirable.
- Experience of operating as a project scheduler in a variety of complexity environments
- Experience of managing a project or programme is desirable
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to achieve this. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need either hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listens to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets