IT Operations Lead - ITIL - SLA's - Change & Delivery - Batch Scheduling
West Bromwich, Birmingham, West Midlands
SLA's ITIL, Risk & Implementing Solutions, Work Streams and Shift Resourcing, Team Guidance and Support, Prioritising Workloads, Management of the 24/7 Batch Scheduling Solutions, Batch Critical Paths, Backup & Recovery Management including Business Continuity Planning, Application of Windows Security Patches, Windows Server Estate, Incident Management, High Level of Service Availability, Managing the Computer Room Environment , Incident Management and IT Change Management Process.
£45,000pa + PRP, Generous Pension, Life Insurance, Corporate Discounts + 25 Days Holiday
Financial sector specialists are seeking an assertive, tenacious and proactive IT Operations Team Lead presence to impact and enhance their current IT Operations function.
As the IT Computer Operations Lead, you will manage a Team of Computer Support Operations Analysts who are working a three- shift pattern between the hours of 07:00 to 23:00 Monday to Friday and Saturday 08:00 to 14:00 - You will organise shift management and resource scheduling but not be working shifts yourself:
The role requires a flexible and customer service approach to build strong working relationships with internal personnel and external contacts.
WFH & Based at the client's West Bromwich HQ, you will need experience and skills across a number of Operational areas such as:
Manage the Computer Support Analysts and Operations area by:
- Conducting monthly one-to-one meetings
- Conducting yearly performance review meetings
- Managing performance issues
- Identifying risks and implementing solutions to mitigate them
- Regularly reviewing current and future work streams to ensure the team is adequately resourced to meet the demand
- Providing support and guidance to all team members
- Prioritising workload effectively to promote skills transfer between team members
- Effective management of the 24/7 batch scheduling solution to ensure all processes in the batch critical path are completed daily to meet defined SLA's.
- Backup and recovery application management including processes and business continuity planning
- Application of Windows Security patches across the Windows Server estate to defined policy timescales
- Be an Incident Manager both during and outside of core working hours to ensure a high level of service availability
- Manage the computer room environment
- Incident management during and outside of core working hours
- Assist with the IT Change Management Process
- Manage and prioritise workload for the Computer Operations Team
- Create, implement and maintain effective shift patterns to fully utilise available resources against priority objectives - including planned out of hours events such as security patching or application upgrades
- Maintain an effective resource plan to assign resource against defined BAU and project activities
This role is extremely diverse, challenging and will require a person with energetic and tenacious qualities coupled with solid technical awareness and cerebral capacity to match.
- Maintain an effective resource plan to assign resource against defined BAU and project activities.
- Manage the secure disposal process of hardware to defined internal Policies and processes.
- Lead project initiatives for the Computer Operations Team.
- Manage all documentation such as fault resolution forms, working instructions, procedures and policies in area of responsibility.
- Assist and lead in the delivery of all relevant projects that impact Computer Operations.
- Responsible for all business event scheduling.
- Lead on multiple workflows whilst delegating tasks as appropriate to other members of the team to promote skills transfer.
- Write and present documentation in area of responsibility including change proposals and incident reports.
- Identify skills gaps within the Computer Operations Team and ensure measures are taken to fill them.
- Adopt and adapt, where possible, ITIL principles into the working environment.
- Take responsibility for the deliverables of the Computer Operations Team including the delivery of all services within their Service Level Agreement.
- Take full responsibility for quality of work produced by the Computer Operations Team.
- Ensure staff have adequate training to fulfil their role.
For the successful candidate the client will offer a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.