IT Network & Security Engineer - Birmingham
£50-55k + Benefits (27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Home Working & more)
My client are in a covid-proof industry and are looking to add a new IT Network & Security Engineer to their professional and modern business. This is a great opportunity to develop in a secure and fulfilling role.
This role provides the opportunity to be the 'Go-to' individual in the business with respect to Network and Security technologies as well as assisting in the support of LAN and WAN infrastructure. As part of this role you can expect to be:
- Contributing to the architecture and delivery roadmap for Network products.
- Responsible for the management of the Technical Lifecycle for Network services.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of Network and Security products. Monitoring of multi-vendor firewalls, routers, switches. Ownership of incident tickets, driving troubleshooting, service restoration and remediation.
- Working to adhere to policies & standards set by the Cyber Security function.
- Assisting with client audits, remediation of identified vulnerabilities and providing evidence of compliance via reporting mechanisms.
- Liaising with 3rd party managed service providers in the support of LAN & WAN infrastructure.
- Responsible for ensuring engagement of key stakeholders and keeping them up to date with project progress.
- Understand and communicate technical solutions and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills and experience:
- Strong experience in IP Networking and IT Security
- Hands on technical experience in installing, maintaining and configuring enterprise class network switches and routers
- Hands on experience of installing, maintaining and configuring enterprise class Firewalls.
- Skills in Network Security, web application security and internet proxy solutions
- Strong knowledge of VLANs, NAT & DNS
- Experience of VPN technology
- Experience of network monitoring systems.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills
If this sounds like you, please apply ASAP with your latest CV and I will be in touch!