Interim Finance Business Partner
12 month Fixed Term Contract - Full Time
£70,000 - £75,000 + Benefits
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Interim Finance Business Partner/ Finance Lead to join a FTSE 250 Aerospace Organisation. Headquartered in the UK, my client is a global engineering group specialising in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. My Client have over 50 years of experience in the design, manufacture, test and support of a wide range of Radames for airborne, naval and land-based platforms.
Accountable for Maintaining accurate financial records and maintaining an effective and auditable set of internal controls within the site. Provides accurate Financial information regarding forecasts and budgets. Providing analysis for site projects, proposals, and bids. Acts as the site interface within the leadership team.
- Manages the close process, review of reconciliations, ensuring appropriate balance sheet reserves and provisions are in place, reconciliation of accounts, and preparation of month end journals.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of Site actual, forecasts, budgets and plans into Group consolidation tool.
- Be an instigator in process improvement and streamlining of financial processes, including UK wide
- Tracks progress towards achievement of agreed financial and other performance targets, identifying key issues, risks and opportunities and initiating appropriate actions as required.
- Assist in the preparation of site bids and/or capex proposals to ensure that they are robust, clear, are based on valid assumptions and are consistent with achievement of site goals.
- Plays a key role in the sites sales, inventory and operations planning (SIOP) process by reviewing, analysing and questioning inputs to the process. Actively participate in preparatory meetings as required.
- Responsible for cash forecasting including working capital, capex, PPC, R&D etc, using inputs from SSC, SIOP process and other functions. Identifies cash collection and payment requirements to hit period end cash targets, and identifies and reviews risks and opportunities against this forecast.
What do I need to do the role?
- Member of professional Accountant bodies ACA/CIMA/ACCA is mandatory.
- Proven track record of implementing and maintaining a highly effective internal control environment.
- Proven track record of transforming process and implementing efficiency's is essential.
- Experience working in a fast paced busy environment.
- Experience working in a manufacturing business essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, decision-making, planning, organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
What else do I need to know?
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday, share save scheme, dental plan, life assurance and discount schemes.