Interaction Designer - GDS
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3- 6 months
Location: Base location is Telford, however WFH initially due to COVID restrictions
IR35: In scope
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer, to work alongside user researchers and front end developers, designing in the browser, to deliver highly user focused and successful services. The successful individual will have a love of the web and its possibilities, a passion for design and its history and an understanding of how form and function work together.
- Produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts
- Design and create communication material ensuring all elements are well designed, consistent and user focused
- Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience, including by designing reusable elements of a digital service
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers
- Deliver high quality finished digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/GOV.UK design principles
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
- Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the Web
- Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser
- A good understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility
- Experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping
- Responsive web interactions design for mobile devices.
- Experience in researching design with users
- Service design experience, including user journey mapping
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team.
- Leading and Communicating
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance