Imports and Exports Assistant Manager
Contract until January 2022
Currently based in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
Day rate up to £134PD
Job Description Summary
This role is to assist all Logistics Distribution processes and activities within the UK. This position is critical to sustain business performance excellence in Global Logistics and overall Supply Chain Management, with the incumbent required to collaborate with internal and external customers. The incumbent will support initiatives to ensure alignment with the company strategy and compliance.
Routine activities include working with the Third-Party Logistics provider(s) and providing support to all internal stakeholders to ensure timely supply of goods into the pre-wholesaler and on to customers. This to include alignment with Trading importation requirements post Brexit. The incumbent is responsible for safeguarding product users against potential hazards arising from poor distribution practices and must follow the guidance of the EU Directives and local Regulatory authorities in regard to GDP.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Manage the supply of products shipped into the 3PL
- Assisting in the management of Imports and Exports.
- Work with Regional Supply Chain to ensure reliable supply of products into UK to meet customer needs
- Working and completing system transaction for the receipt of products
- Management of inventory and reconciliation at the 3PL
- Liaise with internal Quality team and 3PL to ensure timely release and posting in case of supply disruption
- Timely intervention and escalation and communication of supply disruption issues
- Analyse and monitor 3PL performance v contractual obligations. Make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work with In-Market Quality and Supply Chain functions to ensure compliant supply of products to customers
- Attend meetings with Customers and suppliers to enable continuous improvement
- Operate in compliance with GDP
- Support relevant logistics projects as required
- Support in-market Supply Chain improvement initiatives
- Degree level desirable but not essential
- Awareness of, and experience in applying and complying with, GDP (Good Distribution Practice) and all applicable regulatory requirements preferred.
- Good knowledge of distribution and Logistics, ideally of Pharma products or medical devices/other medical products
- Good knowledge of Import and Export regimes and processes
- Good knowledge of SAP systems and general computer skills, training will be provided but prior experience preferred
- Inventory management awareness
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively across functions
- Previous work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.