Competitive Salary and Package
Rosyth base but with UK travel
About the role:
I am currently recruiting for an HSE Director for my Client - Babcock International to join their Marine business to drive forward cultural change in safety behaviours and to lead and develop the HSE function within Marine.
This is a fantastic, visible leadership opportunity for a dynamic H&S professional who can demonstrate passion in delivering cultural change and continuous improvement across high hazard / regulated environments.
Some key deliverables within this role will include -
To bring clarity on H&S policy, structure and governance with a simplicity to overcome complexity, driving forward culture and behaviours not just policy and processes. A key part of the Marine senior management team you will represent Marine at Corporate Safety Steering Group level, as well as work with other Peers from other operational functions to champion H&S behavioural safety.
You will lead and champion corporate direction for the development and the sustainable implementations of vision, strategies and goals, methodologies, processes and systems.
Develop and lead change programmes in Safety, Health & Environment, enabling workforce and leadership capability to evolve to a culture of continuous improvement within H&S
From a regulatory perspective you will establish and embed a safety culture ensuring all statutory and legal obligations are met, provide direction on all HS&E governance requirements as well as integrated policies and procedures. Ensure the effectiveness of incident reporting and audit programme, recommending improvements if required.
We need someone who can effectively deliver their strategic vision and leadership to the H&S teams reporting into this role, ensuring empowerment, development and mentoring of line managers.
What do I need to do this role?
* Experience and evidence of working at a strategic level delivering high performance through inspiring leadership, embedding culture and behavioural change
* Experience of working in a highly regulated, complex environment
* Relevant professional qualification; NEBOSH, IOSH, chartered status etc
* Creative and innovative approach to improving H&S performance
* Belief in the benefits of collaborative working and ability to demonstrate the required behaviours
* Strong stakeholder engagement experience with the proven ability to influence authority at all levels
* Flexible towards travel
* Ability to gain and maintain UK SC level Security Clearance
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation in Babcock International during a time of growth for their Marine Sector. If you have a passion for H&S cultural change and experience in senior H&S leadership roles, then I would like to hear from you. Please apply online or send your CV directly for further information about this opportunity.