Role: Head of Technical Delivery
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Location: Base location is Leeds but won't be required in the office full time
IR35: In scope
We are Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets.
We have a fantastic opportunity in Digital Technology working on innovative new products with world class, high performing teams. We're looking for someone that has a blend of technical, delivery, strategy, and soft skills, able to represent the team authentically in executive circles.
As the Head of Technical Delivery within Digital, you will be accountable for the successful delivery to time, scope and budget of the Digital roadmap. The roadmap will encompass all customer touchpoints as part of wider proposition launches and service improvements and end to end responsibility for Digital and service sponsored projects and programmes.
Be hands on and have direct responsibility and accountability for the delivery of multiple projects from inception through to the successful operational running of the agreed deliverable, either within one programme or multiple projects.
You'll also coach and develop the team to enable consistent delivery quality and build confidence. You'll need to build strong relationships across Architecture, Development, Test and Operations ensure cross functional delivery teams work well together and to remove blockers and issues. You will be responsible for the overall strategy, and development / continuous improvement of relevant processes, that support the solution delivery function globally. This will include the development of knowledge sharing / learning between application support teams, and standardisation of response / processes.
* Experience in leading a major projects and programmes as well as a portfolio of projects. Taking responsibility for prioritisation of projects, resource management, key decision maker as well as acting as a point of escalation across the portfolio.
* Excellent stakeholder management by creating and maintain high quality relationships with project stakeholders to ensure that all necessary resources and contributors are fully behind the delivery. Developing and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels from stakeholders through to project team members.
* Experience in project planning processes and techniques. Skilled in both waterfall and Agile project ie PMI, SAFe etc
* A track record of defining and implementing new project delivery methodologys (Ways of Working) to improve agility and iterative nature of delivery
* Experience of working in fast paced, multi-channel customer focused organisations, ideally in the retail sector or other consumer centric market sector.
* Excellent understanding of commercial and financial management, budget control and cost optimisation, ideally gained through experience in an organisation that leverages 3rd party expertise.
* Excellent problem-solving ability particularly when high priority issues arise that demand a quick resolution
* The ability to lead necessary change management that accompanies large-scale technology and process transformations. Experience in leading the project team by example. Motivating the team and creating a collaborate 'can do' environment
* Keen awareness of competitive use of technologies, always abreast of current and future relevant technologies and applications.
* The ability to demonstrate pragmatic judgement, balancing risk and business value to reach decisions which are well informed and actionable
* The skill to be proactive in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
- Job Type:
- Digital Workspace
- Job reference:
- 11 days ago