Head Service Operations
Location: London 2-3 days a week
Package Up to £100K
My client is a leading international finance institution headquartered in London. As a global development bank, they support development in over 30 countries worldwide. They are seeking an experienced Principal of Service Operations to join the team in London. The Principal of Service Operations is responsible for ensuring supplier provided services meet the expectations and standards as contracted. The role holder will provide oversight and co-ordination of the outsourced Service Desk function, liaising with the clients third party Service Desk provider to ensure the service is delivered in line with the requirements and will also be responsible for providing the oversight and co-ordination of multiple suppliers in the delivery of the technical & operational IT services to the clients This role is the Client's face of the outsourced Service desk.
- Management of the 3rd party supplier providing the Infrastructure & Operations services by close daily liaison with the 3rd party.
- Is accountable for the quality of service and performance of the service desk provider by reviewing daily activity data and following up as necessary with the third-party service desk manager.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier lifecycle management of all tickets logged by reviewing daily statistics and co-ordinating with the third party to ensure all tickets are closed satisfactorily.
- Responsible for ensuring the supplier carries out successful and timely fulfilment of all IT Service requests by reviewing relevant data and feedback loops.
- Responsible for the governance & co-ordination of Incident Management processes for major incidents.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier execution of Problem Management and Knowledge Management processes to address known errors by reviewing the incident log and following up on outstanding actions.
- In conjunction with the Director, Infrastructure & Operations suppliers maintain and improve all processes pertaining to the Infrastructure & Operations outsource contract.
- Responsible for the co-ordination & delivery of Major Event planning such as power downs, patching weekends and major project implementations such as the Bank AGM and ensuring appropriate resource is aligned.
- Governing project and change implementations and produce regular management Information reports to feed into service reviews and business relationship management reviews.
- Accountable for Major Incident Management
- Accountable for Regional Office support via outsource provider and Regional Analysts
- Accountable for collating and providing Service statistics required by the Associate, Service Delivery
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree educated or substantial relevant experience
- ITIL accredited
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Extensive experience of having run an outsourced Service Desk
- Extensive experience of Continual Service Improvement
- Previous experience as a Team Lead and demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage conflict and negotiate successful outcomes
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent experience in managing & influencing customer and suppliers alike
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
Due to high volume, we can only respond to applications that match the criteria.