GCP Data Engineer
£600-£700p/d Max via Umbrella
Request for a GCP Data Engineer to design, implement and maintain data pipelines utilising both Google Cloud Platform and open source services.
The resource will work alongside other experienced Data Engineers taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities, with opportunities to do back-end, front-end and infrastructure development.
* Work with fellow Data Engineers to translate customer requirements into technical designs and follow this through to delivery of the solution. Design highly available, complex data platforms.
* Understand customer data structures and transformation requirements to build suitable solutions on Google Cloud Platform
* Contribute to the design, plan and build of highly available, global and cloud native data platforms
* Design, build, operate, secure, and monitor data processing apps in the Google Cloud Platform.
* Combine data sources and create reliable pipelines.
* Experience in using languages like Python, R and SQL as well as Google database services like Cloud SQL, Big Query
* Experience in using unit testing and CI / CD
* A solid grounding working with common data modelling techniques and SQL
* Working knowledge of data governance principles (e.g. data profiling, data cataloguing, managing access controls, etc.)
* Experience using Git and related tooling
* Hands-on experience in data ingestion / streaming data sources
Solid experience in the following:
Dataflow / Composer | Apache Airflow | Apache Beam | Python | Big Query | Bash | Unix | Docker | Terraform |GitLab | GitLab CI |