Finance Business Partner
Business Unit - DST
Salary £39,000-£41,000 depending on experience
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to become our next Finance Business Partner within DST.
The role will form part of the Finance team within Defence Systems Technology (DST). DST forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customer. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Leicester, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
This role will be a mix of remote working and working from one of Babcock's Collaboration Hubs which are situated throughout the UK.
The DST finance team of 40 people partners the business at all levels to enable informed decisions to be made. Supporting a growing international business brings new stakeholders, challenges and complexity, but the brave team thrives on autonomy and is able to challenge. The team's future strategy is to maximise the possibilities of automation for reporting, freeing up the team to add real value and intelligence. They'll focus not on what's happened in the past, but prepare the business for what's about to happen, why, and what to do about it.
The difference our new Finance Business Partner will make
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working alongside another Finance Business Partner and Graduate Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for providing key financial support to the Finance Manager and Head of Business, as well as working closely with the Operational team to improve processes and provide robust reporting to enable them to make necessary decisions. The role will require supporting the tendering and organic growth agenda of the Mission Systems Secure Communications business as well as contributing to the business forecasting. You will be responsible for:
* Building strong, supportive relationships with the cost centre managers and bidding teams, providing monthly reporting information with detailed variance analysis.
* Inputting towards the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and Overhead review packs, reviewing regularly with all key stakeholders, ensuring documentation is delivered on time and to the highest standard.
* Completing forecasting requirements on-time and to the highest standard.
* Constantly reviewing Projects to ensure profit maximisation and trading margins are accurate.
* Holding monthly reviews with the Operational team to provide details of performance and areas questioning / challenging where necessary.
* Contributing to cash management, weekly forecasting and senior commentary.
* Providing key financial support to internal and external audits, ensuring compliance is maintained at all times.
* Developing and maintaining detailed financial models relating to bids, strategy and new business, ensuring key financial controls are in place and operating effectively in all models and processes.
* Helping to review, improve and drive processes forward, working closely with the Operational team.
* Financial support into new project implementations.
* Working closely with the business leads and ensuring pipelines are updated regularly.
* Deputising for the Finance Manager / Head of Finance as and when required.
Who we're looking for
You're someone who brings big ideas and solves complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
You continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, actively seek out different perspectives and speak up.
You will have a proactive and resourceful attitude towards achieving team goals, whilst building supportive working relationships across the wider business.
Ideally you will be a qualified Accountant (preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
Experience with IFS finance system is desirable.
Skills and attributes
* Proactive planner and project manager
* Availability and flexibility to achieve any extended and temporary hours in order to hit submission deadlines.
* Anticipates and encourages change
* Strong cross-functional networking and collaboration skills
* Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - in particular, Excel modelling skills
* Have an organised approach to work with experience of working to tight deadlines.
* Be a confident and self-motivated team player.
* Have excellent communication skills.
* Advanced numeric, analytical and technical skills
Education and qualifications
In addition to being a qualified Accountant, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent is also desirable.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
- Bristol, Bristol, England
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- 27 days ago