A leading defence technology company are looking for an Environmental Management Specialist to provide Environmental Management skills to external defence-related clients and internal clients and to assist in the development of business growth.
This role encompasses all defence domains (air, land, maritime, weapons) but you are not required to have knowledge of all these domains.
- Deliver defined artefacts and advice in support of projects to our clients. Artefact production will cover a range of support, from procurement of new equipment, assessment of In-service equipment, support to trials and Environmental Case Development.
- Support production of delivery plans with programme managers and customers.
- Application of environmental management theories, concepts, practices and principles to resolve technical and performance issues
- Delivering Environmental Screening and Scoping workshops with a range of external attendees.
- Ensure that work tasks are delivered to the specified time, cost, required quality standards and any other specifications given.
Environmental Science/Management (or related) degree or equivalent.
Understanding of the Best Practicable Environmental Option is essential.
Desirable Areas of Environmental Management knowledge are; Environmental aspects and impacts identification, screening and scoping, environmental legislation compliance, environmental impact assessment process, sustainable procurement, hazardous materials management, Technical Dossier development and general EMS experience such as the application of ISO14001:2015.
Understanding of working with DE&S stakeholders and processes is desirable (ASEMS / POEMS / DEF STAN 00-051).
Graduates with 2+ years experience may also be considered.