Environment Delivery Manager
3 months +
Sheffield (remote until further notice)
Our client is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. Their customers range from individual savers and investors to some of the world's biggest companies, governments and international organisations. They aim to connect them to opportunities and help them to achieve their ambitions.
The Environment Delivery Manager actively oversees the build, support and maintenance of the E2E test environments. The Environment Delivery Manager is responsible and accountable for the delivery of a stable E2E test environment against each of these transition states, managing across multiple IT teams and other IT projects/programmes to ensure environment stability and integrity at all times to allow testing to proceed to the planned timescales. The Environment Manager will plan, mobilise and deliver from execution phase inception to closure. They act as a role model, demonstrating active leadership and communication. The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of the End to End test environment, defining and planning the environments, controlling execution and managing the risks of competing requests on the same environment. They work closely with the Workstream Leads, the Central test team and multiple IT supplier teams to ensure alignment to the transition states and stability within the environment.
- Oversees the development of a well-defined test environment plan.
- Actively, manages and coordinates test environments across multiple Project Managers and delivery partner teams. Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the environments to maximise benefits and minimise risk.
- Working with stakeholders to obtains buy-in, collaborates and influences senior management stakeholders to help mitigate any test environment challenges.
- Proactively determine, analyse and identify test environment challenges early and suggests improvement plans to mitigate the risk.
- Captures and clearly documents key environment details such as systems, connections, batch details etc to allow use by other key stakeholders and support teams
- Work closely with workstream and central test leads to ensure environment stability at all times and that test environment mirror the various transition states required by the programme.
- Works closely with delivery partners to document the environment information and ensure environment stability; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes.
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example.
- Anticipates and identifies existing or emerging risks/issues, assesses the impact on the benefit realisation for the programme and takes action to minimise impact, actively challenging and removing obstacles.
- Ability to find optimal solutions to complex problems through innovation and careful application of strategic design principles.
- Ability to bring analytical rigour to clarify poorly-defined problems or poorly articulated solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience of Agile practices and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Legacy systems/technology
- Strong understanding of banking and understanding of how Transformation drives benefits
- Strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Understanding of the delivery organisations within a typical Bank- global mind-set, understanding of delivery partners etc.
- Delivery of large scale complex programmes at pace
- Strong people management experience.
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experience.
- In-depth understanding of multiple project management methodologies and approaches, including resource levelling and risk identification, milestone and benefits management.
- Ability to identify and implement the project management methodologies for executing complex projects, develop and deploy tools and templates to guide project management.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish clear success criteria/goals, assign clear accountabilities and allocate resources.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.