Technical Programme Manager- Data & Analytics' Enterprise Data Technology
5 months (With potential extension)
Canary Wharf (2-3 days in the office)
Our client, a market leading Financial Institution are looking for a Technical Programme Manager, to join them on a customer-based project based in Canary Wharf (2-3 days in the office). The assignment is an initial 5-month contract with a possible extension into the New Year and can offer a competitive daily rate via Umbrella
ROLE SUMMARY & PURPOSE
A Project Manager is required to join the Enterprise Data Technology organisation based in London.
The role will report into the Portfolio Delivery Director and drive the group focus on providing the best in class solutions to their market leading Data Platform and Products.
The Technology Programme Manager will define, scope and manage one or more projects of medium size/complexity and will work with senior project and other management to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved. These projects will be within Data & Analytics' Enterprise Data Technology portfolio, bridging the gap between technology and business change to deliver on the wider business strategy.
Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project. Typical project complexity/size will 6-24 months duration and involve more than 100 FTEs across one or more locations.
The technology delivery teams are currently enhancing a range of powerful Applications that help customers understand the markets and make crucial decisions while helping them to connect to the world's largest verified directory of financial professionals on a platform that acts as a catalyst for innovation in global financial services industry.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Delivers software delivery programmes within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's project management framework.
- Defines, documents and manages large-scale programmes with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the programme
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions
- Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints and roll it up to the programme level.
- Prepares and maintains programme roadmaps and tracks activities against the plan
- Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from all stakeholders.
- Provides effective leadership to the project teams ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifies any problems with sponsorship.
- Communicate on a regular basis, programme's health with recovery plans, if applicable, to C-Suite executives.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Define, scope and manage bounded areas of project work while supporting business and program management staff.
- Leadership of large-scale projects, may be global or regional in scope.
- Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger programme.
- Implementation may require product launch / direct impact on our customers' businesses.
- Complexity and risk to be managed typically associated with projects requiring several FTE (equivalent of full time) staff, in multiple locations and project durations.
- Deliver projects to support Clients ability to achieve revenue targets in customer segments.