Engagement Project Manager - Software Development
Worthing (remote-based initially)
We are actively looking to secure a Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Our Client is a multinational information technology services and consulting company. We are seeking an experienced Engagement Project Manager to join them and manage various Software Development projects. The individual will have prior experience of managing large-scale and challenging projects and excellent experience in Client interaction.
- Management of two or three existing Software development projects and associated CRs.
- Direct and co-ordinate the activities necessary to impact, plan, manage and implement assigned project from initiation to successful closedown.
- Ensure that the engaged delivery teams schedule and forecast and that any blockers or delays are reported in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the contracting artefact and for conformance to its terms.
- Ensure stakeholders are kept appropriately aware of progress and any issues or variances
- Identify and develop any opportunities to increase revenue and/or contribution (DVI)
- Track and report progress of the projects through execution of weekly controls and by provision of weekly and monthly reports in accordance with expected standards internally and to customer
- Pro-actively manage all project dependencies, risks and issues and understand their impact on schedule and project delivery dates.
- Reporting Detail - Accurately forecast work for the projects including all its sub-components whether Client teams or 3rd Parties.
- Commercial Detail - Identify and fully explain variances from schedules, forecasts and actuals recorded and take appropriate corrective action.
- Governance Detail - Ensure conformity with Account methods, processes and procedures for engagements within the business.
- Prior experience working on large Software projects
- Strong communicator - Ability to influence and coach others and excellent team working skills
- Strong understanding of the end to end process
- Good client facing skills
- Good conflict management and negotiation skills.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.