- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- about 1 month ago
Contract: Inside IR35
Shifts: 11 days on 3 days off / pm - 6:30am
|Role:||Technician EC&I, Electrical|
|Appointed By:||Site Manager|
|Role description:||To undertake installation, commissioning and maintenance activities in accordance with their training, best practice and trade/legal standards.|
| || || || |
- Level 3 Qualification (e.g. Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship) appropriate to their trade.
- ECS Card relevant to qualifications and role - Mandatory for access to site
- BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (latest edition)
|Security Clearance Requirements|
- SC or DV - Mandatory for access to site
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation. Specific details listed below:
- Tray, conduit and Trunking installation
- Cable pulling including forming and looming.
- Glanding and terminating and identification of cables and cores in accordance with cable cards
- Testing for Dead
- Inspection and testing of installations (Dead tests and Live testing)
- Earthing and Bonding
- Panel Installation
- Installation of electrical devices and Instrumentation in accordance with RAMS
- Wiring 3Phase motors and Isolators
- Emergency Stop Circuits
- Fibre Installation (preferred)
- Profibus Installation (preferred)
- Assistance with Setting to Work/Commissioning (preferred)
|Principal Tasks and Responsibilities|
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure familiarity with these documents and any legislation to which they refer.
- To participate in the planning and preparation of works including production of RAMS.
- To carry out work in accordance with the work packs and best practice and applicable trade/legal standards.
- To comply with any health and safety requirements of the work pack or work area.
- To carry out safety and behavioural observation.
- To comply with quality requirements of the work pack.
- To not proceed past a hold point.
- To report any defects, damage, safety hazards or other problems to their line manager.
- Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder's competency, as directed by the Line Manager.
Note: For the various Technician trades advice must be sought from the relevant subject matter experts as to the required qualification:
Back to Search Results