POSITION: DEVOPS ENGINEER
LOCATION: CROYDON AND MANCHESTER (SOME REMOTE)
SALARY: £50K TO £60K (HIGHER SALARY CONSIDERED FOR EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES)
You will deliver and integrate software to form a complete DevOps toolchain. You will be responsible for planning and designing large groups of stories.
You will also be responsible for:
- Transforming technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
- Ensuring deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable and highly available
We are looking for:
- Ideally 1-3 years' worth of experience working as a hands-on DevOps engineer (SFIA Level 3/4),
- Experience in requirements analysis or leading grooming sessions, a passion for technology and delivering solutions both internally and externally to stakeholders
- Ability to make decisions, which impact on the success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget
- An understanding of the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organisational requirements.
- Full familiarity of recognised industry bodies of knowledge both generic and specific.
- You know how to collaborate with others when necessary to review specifications.
- You can use these agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
- You know about information security and can design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats as a core part of the solutions and services.
- You can apply a modern standards approach competently and guide others in so doing.
- You can design systems characterised by medium levels of risk, impact, and business or technical complexity.
- Any experience mentoring or leading teams would be advantageous
- Experience in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Linux administration knowledge
- An understanding of Kubernetes
- Understanding of Container Management Software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, AWS Fargate)
- Hashicorp stack (Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault, etc)
- Collaboration tools (Git, Jira, Confluence, etc)
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.