Inside IR35 - Umbrella Company only
Do you want to work with a global award winning organisation?
Clearance Level Active BPSS or eligible to go through the process
Start Date subject to BPSS approval which CG Vetting Team will progress at offer stage
Must Have previous GOV.UK experience
As a delivery manager, you will:
* build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
* protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important
* coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
* proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
* proactively manage risks, budgets and people
* Working/Practitioner level
* Experience of IT project delivery in agile environments essential
* Scrum Certified desirable
* Supplier/third party management
* AWS/connectivity test/management experience an advantage
Agile and Lean practices
Able to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. Able to recognise when something does not work and encourages a mindset of experimentation. Can adapt and reflect, is resilient and has the ability to see outside of the process. Able to use a blended approach depending on the context. Able to measure and evaluate outcomes. Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes.
Communicating between the technical and non-technical
Able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret them. Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
Maintaining delivery momentum
Able to facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. Able to actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
Making the process work
Able to identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process.
Understands the environment and is able to prioritise the most important or highest value tasks. Able to use data to inform planning. Able to manage complex internal and external dependencies. Able to provide delivery confidence. Able to remove blockers or impediments that affect the plan and is able to develop a plan for difficult situations. Ensures teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
Team dynamics and collaboration
Able to bring people together to form a motivated team. Able to empower delivery teams. Able to help create the right environment for a team to work in. Recognises and deals with issues. Able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation.