My client a large global brand is looking for an experienced Data Reporting Change Manager (Regulatory) on a initial 6 Month contract. This role will start out virtual and inside IR35.
We are seeking a self-starter with both exceptional change management skills and experience in managing change related to data, reporting and metrics. We have implemented a suite of complex reporting to meet a regulatory requirement across Europe and are looking for a skilled contractor to review both the data and reporting itself. We are looking for an individual who can bring a fresh view and industry best practice to further improve the reporting, validation and approval process
Some of the reporting is undergoing a planned move to automation and, ultimately, we need to transition reporting to a BAU environment.
Maintaining a robust Regulatory Reporting environment that ensures that regulatory submissions are carried out in accordance with completeness, accuracy and timeliness expectations is a key area of focus for us. There may be the opportunity to work with stakeholders in Operations, Technology, Product Areas, Control Functions and other support teams across the organisation in order to establish a best practice model that ensures that Regulatory Reporting is carried out in line with quality and timeliness expectations and meets applicable internal policy, control and governance expectations and regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review reporting requirements
- Perform an assessment of the needs for reporting across multiple initiatives and whether existing solutions meet the requirements
- Support data definitions discussions and align and approve these with the key stakeholders if changes required
- Review and potentially identify appropriate sources of the reporting
- Review the requirements for the reporting and align with the data sources
- Report creation oversight
- Oversee the creation of reporting, including scheduling, and ensure controls are in place to ensure reporting accuracy and consistency
- Align with reviewers and approvers to ensure roles and responsibilities are formalised and in place
- Create / refresh clear documentation supporting reports and update to auditability and mitigate single point of failure
- Ensure triggers are in place to schedule report creation activities, review and approval steps to ensure no unnecessary pressure is added into the impacted teams
- Formalise escalation approach
- To create a framework for escalation of any challenges to ensure leadership are made aware of appropriate risks ahead of deadlines for reporting submission
- Creation of / input into tracking mechanisms for risks and issues over time
- Tighten Reporting controls
- Support / lead the design of controls in place to ensure future business developments lead to an assessment of the reporting and drive appropriate changes
- Create proposals as to how controls would work and suggestions as to how best to manage in a BAU environment, once the project team has disbanded
- Complete Automation
- Support the automation of impacted reports, including engagement and coordination of key groups, overseeing any automated validation comparison, capturing issues and ensuring procedures are updated accordingly
- Transition to BAU
- Where applicable, support the transition and handover to a BAU environment of reporting
Key Skills Required:
- Strong relationship management skills to influence data driven change efforts through varying levels of senior leadership
- An understanding of 'how data works' and the considerations when defining, sourcing, creating, submitting, and controlling data / reporting in a matrix organisation
- Experience with a variety of reporting tools, or the ability to grasp the parameters and functions of them very swiftly - To support conversations / drive solutions that improve the data and reporting outputs
- Strong analytical skills with experience of supporting complex and challenging data analysis
- An understanding of the importance of data definitions in ensuring clarity to support analysis
- Adept at data manipulation, assessment and drawing conclusions from multiple data sources
- A very strong eye for detail, an ability to spot anomalies in large data and use logical thinking to assess the source of the problem
- An ability to present data and conclusions in a manner that can be easily understood by individuals and teams that do not know the detail
- Demonstrates a will to win, to deliver change in a challenging environment.
- Comfortable working in an environment with tight deadlines, imperfect information, and high degrees of ambiguity.