Data Engineering Specialist (Active Security Clearance Mandatory)
Hatfield (Remote working available)
6 Months +
- Responsible for agile data transformation and forward thinking data solution development, particularly with cloud and big data. Utilises the appropriate models, processes, standards and principles to make great quality, well understood data available to drive cutting edge analytics, reporting and insights into the business.
- Applies the appropriate standards and principles when delivering data ingestion and data.
- Build data pipelines and infrastructure to enable data analysts and scientists to easily consume and analyse big data.
- Proactively identify new potential data sources and assess feasibility of ingesting.
- Work with the Data Management Ops team to productionise any tactical data feeds, including documentation.
- Work closely with Technology on improving existing big data capability for Consumer. To manage data requirements capture, understand data gaps, and to work with internal partners and external suppliers in acquiring data providing expert thought leadership.
- To lead in how usage, customer (and other) data needs to be interpreted and therefore modelled within the warehouse, owning (where appropriate) area data models including sign off for any changes.
- To ensure all data is compliant with current UK privacy law and EU directives.
- To ensure that all data acquired is fully described/understood and communicated using appropriate tools. Strategic thinking and planning; driving efficient ways of working and operating model Analytical and critical thinking skills, Commercial awareness, Highly numerate with strong analytical skills coupled with good commercial awareness. Proficient with SQL and data interrogation techniques to support insightful analysis.
- An ability to quickly comprehend and develop technical data solutions
Skills and experience required:
- 5+ years working within a systems integrator support environment as a highly skilled technical engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of EMS products, customer IT systems and applications.
- Experience of working across the service lifecycle, supporting and costing bids as a subject matter expert.
- Possesses a deep level technical knowledge of Data Services technologies and associated management applications.
- Have strong service improvement and service transformation skills;
- Have highly developed organisation, prioritisation, communication (written and verbal), tenacity and ownership skills.
- Utilising experience and evolving technical ability to resolve technical incidents, service requests, changes or problems relating to "Data Services" portfolio.
- Deal with customer requests in line with Service definitions and SLA's.
- To escalate and manage incidents and requests to vendors in a timely fashion.
- Management and documentation of information relating to customer incidents, service requests, change and problem, and the effective communication of progress of such events to all stakeholders in line with internal process.
- Collaborate with all business units to bring about timely resolution of technical issues.
- Ensuring continued development of product knowledge, known issues and troubleshooting techniques throughout the support teams.
- Undertake personal training and development in line with departmental needs and in line with a Personal Development Plan as agreed with Line Manager.
- Development of training, tools and processes to ensure teams increase and develop technical capability.
- Perform as an integral member of the Data Services team providing 24x7x365 service participating in an on-call support rota outside of core hours.
- Perform a SME role for designated clients and technologies.
- Responsible for pro-active review and maintenance of customer infrastructure.
- Participate in the portfolio governance, service design and solutions assurance process to ensure our technical propositions are fit for customer and scalable for the business.
- Provide input and approval within the 'Acceptance into Service' process for new customers.
- Degree educated (Preferred)
- Qualified to vendor professional level (Mandatory)
- Qualified to ITIL v4 Foundation level (Preferred)
- SC or NPPV cleared (Mandatory)
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.