6 Month Contract
All day rates considered via umbrella
Part of a cross-disciplinary team, working closely with other data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data managers and business partners.
- Architects, designs, implements and maintains reliable and scalable data infrastructure.
- Writes, deploys and maintains software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data.
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation).
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and improves CI/CD pipeline.
- Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs. Design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code. Containerizes server deployments.
- Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
- Deep and hands-on experience (typically 5+ years) designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data life-cycle stages
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large organisations through influence
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science, Engineering, Informatics, Information Systems or in another quantitative fields
Due to high volume we can only respond to applications that match the criteria