Critical Incident Analyst
Location: Nottingham (remote based working at present)
We are actively looking to secure a Critical Incident Analyst to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
The Critical Incident Analyst supports the critical incident management team working on incidents and restores normal operations as quickly as possible with the least impact on the business or the user.
You will be an integral part of the Service Management team for their service domain, interfacing with Business teams, resolver groups and service recipients across the businesses supplier landscape.
Service / Delivery Performance
- Incident management - You can diagnose and prioritise incidents, investigating their causes and finding resolutions.
- Problem management - You can initiate and monitor actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures.
- Technical understanding - You know about the subject matter and have an understanding of what it involves.
- User focus - You can identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence. You understand and can define research that fits user needs. You can use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
- Asset and configuration management - You can track, log and correct information to protect assets and components.
- Availability and capacity management - You know about availability and capacity management processes.
- Continuity management - You know about the IT standard continuity management processes and procedures.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Incident management - the ability to coordinate the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation. Identify the correct procedures or channels for resolution and monitor resolution activity and progress updates to customers. You understand the relevant change management tools and processes.
- Problem management - Understand and identify problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution. You can classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
- Technical understanding - This knowledge underpins your ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks for the role and ensures that you can apply the breadth and depth of technical knowledge you need. You stay abreast of industry developments to make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.
Personal attributes / behaviours:
The role holder must have
- Confidence with a "can do" but realistic attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment e.g. external and business challenges
- Good listener and confident presenter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Resilience with a calm attitude