Contract until 31/12/2022
Based in London
Day Rate up to £595PD Via Umbrella
The communications & advocacy (C&A) manager, C&P will work closely with stakeholders to understand business activity and identify initiatives that provide a strong hook or angle to help tell the C&P story
This will include developing an integrated communications & advocacy strategy and developing and delivering internal and external plans to celebrate and communicate strategic milestones.
The C&A manager will also provide strategic communications & advocacy advice to the business.
The C&A team works in an agile way across a broad, fast-moving business agenda. A flexible, collaborative approach is essential, as is an ability to manage and drive multiple projects simultaneously and to build strong relationships at all levels and establish a network of contacts across the business.
The role holder will also need a keen eye for a story, excellent writing skills, and a track record of developing and delivering creative and impactful internal and external communications campaigns.
The role will include:
· Building strong relationships across C&P to understand business needs, priorities and key initiatives to ensure communications support is focused on achieving the highest strategic impact.
· Developing and delivering creative and impactful internal and external communications campaigns that raise awareness and understanding of the C&P strategy and progress being made - often to tight deadlines.
· Identifying and crafting clear and compelling key messages and embracing a 'smart brevity' approach ie concise and purposeful writing across all content.
· Providing communications and advocacy advice and guidance to internal stakeholders, including senior leaders, e.g. on issues, opportunities, risks.
· Working closely with the wider C&A team to ensure all proposed business activities are aligned and joined-up with any other business activities taking place to maximise reach and avoid any conflicts.
· Working in an agile way to manage a broad and fast-paced business agenda and adapt quickly to changing needs or circumstances.
· Measuring the effectiveness of communication approaches and identifying and implementing any improvements required.
· Providing communications support for any issues or crisis incidents as required.
· Extensive external communications experience gained either in-house or agency - ideally also including internal communications experience.
· Considerable experience in working across complex business areas to identify strategic communications opportunities and develop integrated communications plans.
· A track record of developing and delivering impactful and creative communications campaigns to external and internal stakeholders to tight deadlines.
· Significant experience in working in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects - flexible and resilient to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and explore alternative ways to reach the desired outcome and able to identify and focus on priorities.
· Excellent writing skills essential, along with an ability to identify clear and compelling message frameworks.
· Well-developed critical/analytical thinking and business acumen.
· Outside the box thinking - bringing fresh approaches and keen to experiment and try new things.
· Excellent team player who collaborates closely with others, as well as able to work on their own initiative.
· Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage conflicting and competing priorities - experience of agile methodologies an advantage e.g. Kanban board, scrums, retrospectives etc.
· Confident at forging stakeholder relationships at a senior level.
· Sound judgement combined with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not able to get back to everyone who applies. Therefore if you have not heard back from Experis within 7 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful however we will contact you if suitable roles come up that match your skill set.
- Job Type:
- Business Transformation
- Job reference:
- about 1 month ago