Commercial Contract Manager
Our Public Sector client based in Manchester are looking for a Commercial Contract Manager. The role is outside of IR35.
- Extensive experience of managing complex commercial contracts in an IT or Business Process context. Significant background of end to end contract management from implementation through to operational delivery.
- Highly knowledgeable in all forms of contracts and contract law.
- Experience of performance management regime, service levels and service credits. Knowledge of working with Delivery teams in the management of performance metrics and performance improvement incentivisation.
- Will be able to demonstrate a significant track record of working in high pressure programmes with defined timescales
- Will have significant demonstrable experience of dispute avoidance and where applicable resolution of complex contractual disputes with all involved Parties
- Financially literate owning commercial reporting throughout the contract phases against defined reporting periods working closely with finance department
- Educated to degree level with evidence of continuing professional development and qualifications.
- Manage the third-party contracts to ensure strategies and priorities are set and managed
- Act as primary commercial interface between the the Programme team and external counterparties (e.g. all Suppliers, JAQU, Local Authorities, Highways England, Legal Advisors and Others)
- implementing and embedding change related activities which may affect the financial performance of the directorate.
- Resolve to the satisfaction of the programme any commercial issues and disputes
- Lead, influence and implement the contract management across a portfolio of projects
- Lead the process for the continual improvement across contract delivery and implementation of change management to the contract management model to deliver efficiencies and ongoing alignment to business processes and delivery targets.
- Lead the commercial aspects of development of business cases for, and negotiation of major contracts and major contract changes; this in the context of business and directorate strategic objectives
- Manage and coordinate the procurement, legal and drafting aspects of contract negotiation as required
- Contribute in the above ways to both original contract and variation/improvement development and negotiation
- Manage and deliver major contract regular review meetings
- Proactively address supplier performance issues in line with contractual obligations in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence to all internal governance and reporting requirements across the commercial team
- Develop a contract management guide tailored to the needs of CAS, utilising as necessary resources such as Procurement, Legal, Crown Commercial Services, CIPS etc, designed to incorporate procedures for operational contracts