Citrix Support Administrator (SME)
Experis are currently recruiting for a Citrix Support Administrator (SME) for a central government client on a long-term contract basis.
- Maintain and support Citrix infrastructures
- Provide 3rd level support to Windows 10 and Windows 2012 R2/ Windows 2016 platforms
- Experience of maintaining and implementing Hyper-V and SCVMM
- Maintain and support Citrix Netscaler hardware appliances
- Maintain and support Citrix Storefront
- Maintain and support Citrix Provisioning Server
- Manage systems security in accordance with IS Security Standard (IS027001). Ensure all documentation is updated
- Resolve and manage escalated Citrix Support issues
- Work closely with the Service Desk to ensure knowledge, experience and skills are shared to allow a higher call resolution by the Service Desk (first time fix)
- Manage ICT assets efficiently
- To manage the workflow and resources of the team to meet OLA/SLA's targets in line with guidance from the Service Delivery Manager
- Ensure staff comply with all policies and procedures (including Security)Action Incidents and Requests in Service Desk Management Tool
- Ensure cost effective use of Information Systems resources, to include computer hardware, software, training facilities and staff time.
- Maintain systems security in accordance with the IS Security Policy and legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act and Copyright Acts.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in information technology
- Adhere to systems security in accordance with IS Security Project (IS027001). Ensure all documentation is updated.
- Assist in the management of support service contracts with external suppliers
- Uphold the Agency's Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policies in liaising with colleagues and providing customer service; and
- Ensure Incidents and Service Requests are resolved within the agreed timescales as defined within the service level agreements (SLA).
- Liaise and attend meetings & other functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- Attend training, offsite seminar's and events to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Engage with other teams to ensure ongoing improvement of process and procedures
- Adhere to IS standards and procedures and controls to ensure efficient operations and to support quality service delivery; this includes documentation, training, implementation and support.
Qualifications and Experience
- CCA certified or higher on XenApp or XenDesktop
- Working environment experience:
- SCCM/Manage Engine
- Windows 10 and Server 2012 R2 - Current
- Familiar with virtualisation platforms (Hyper-V/VMWare)
- Practical experience of medium size (and larger) client server environments
- Ability to troubleshoot 3rd line support issues
- Experience of backup and change management processes
- Familiar with a working knowledge of MS Office and Visio
- Maintain and support Wyse thin clients
- Knowledge of Application packaging and provisioning
- Knowledge of OS imaging and capture
- Knowledge of SCCM /SCOM/Manage Engine
- Knowledge of backup and storage systems
- Knowledge of server hardware
- Knowledge of cloud technologies Azure/AWS
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365