The Business Development Manager (BDM) will take the lead on maximizing our PS footprint across Experis IT in UK&I. The individual will understand our wider European growth strategy but also our local UK&I approach where we see some IT vertical capabilities will exist already and others will need to be leveraged from neighbouring country teams. It will be the BDM's responsibility to proactively take these services to the market and secure new services.
This individual will be required to build a strategy supported by a robust client engagement plan to achieve our pre determined growth expectations and then reach out to the market to promote these solutions and secure new opportunities.
New Business Development (50%)
- Obtain and develop clients by personally undertaking Sales visits to clients and prospects where appropriate. Proactively target new clients through a thorough understanding of the market.
- Liaise with Practice Directors and Operations Managers where possible to ensure a greater footprint for Experis.
- Working with the wider Business Development Solutions team headed by Ben Kemp to identify new business opportunities.
- Take ownership and lead on the New Business opportunities within remit.
- Build a visible pipeline of opportunities using MS Dynamics (MSD).
- Track clients buying patterns to ensure we have the opportunity to engage with client pre tender process using MSD.
- Map clients in market and network at senior level.
Thought Leadership & Strategic Thinking (20%)
- Utilise Experis PS collateral
- Utilise wider Group Thought leadership material, Global, European & UK whitepapers available
- Clearly understands client pain and challenges to ensure we build appropriate value propositions and solutions. Consciously strives to offer and deliver possible solutions where opportunity arises.
- Uses insight, knowledge and communication skills to influence and challenge others.
- Partners with stakeholders to learn and deliver on our brand promise as thought leaders
- Actively keeps abreast of new developments that could be developed further into client solutions
Admin, Quality Control & Compliance (10%)
- Use MSD to ensure we are tracking ALL activity across the Experis Group and beyond.
- Ensure the effective utilisation of relevant Experis process, policies and IT systems.
- Provide accurate monthly management report (when required)
Knowledge & skills
- Experienced in selling IT Project or managed services.
- High level of competency in presentations and in full service and solutions selling.
- Strong influencing skills with a capacity to influence those not under direct reporting lines to achieve the required result from a business and client development perspective.
- A proven record of implementing commercial Sales strategies and achieving successful business growth.
- Must possess the confidence and knowledge to conduct and lead client meetings and to present Experis to clients in a professional manner.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with both Clients but also internal stakeholders and Account Directors.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of sales process - telephone canvassing, visits, presentations and negotiation (financial and contractual).
- Experience of operational management and ability to develop solutions and models, thus ensuring contracts sold are viable - must be able to work with Operation Management in relevant business areas.
- Ability to develop strong sales pipeline and accurately forecast and execute on a robust business development strategy.
- Knowledge of the recruitment industry or delivering similar "people centric solutions".
- Proven track record of developing cold or small clients into major accounts with formal or informal preferred supplier arrangements.
- Account Management - strong account management skills with ability to develop strategic account plans - previous experience and success in key account sales.
- Financial, budgetary and cost management
- Project Management
- People Management Skills
- Client Management
- Work towards greater synergies with all clients. Ensure an excellent rapport is built and that client satisfaction is the end result of all decisions.
- Business Process
- Must share best practice across the business development function and ensure process is streamlined and efficient to maximize client opportunities.
- Administration Management
- Understanding the importance of good administrative support, and the value it adds to a business, ensure continuous improvement, and value adds.
Personal attributes (behavioural competencies)
- Inspires enthusiasm and commitment by providing a clear and compelling roadmap to success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic perspective
- Translates global strategies into local business line strategies and opportunities.
- Builds and maintains relationships strategically both internally and externally.
- Client Focus
- Drives a client first focus. Has a panoramic view of what is happening with a client, all levels of employees, the enterprise and marketplace.