Role: Business Analyst - financial services
Duration: 6 months + extensions
Start Date: ASAP
Candidates must operate via an approved Umbrella company.
Digital user stories for mobile apps, disputes, collections and rewards.
Overall purpose of role
As a Business Design Analyst (BDA) you will have a wide variety of assignment types and each come with their own demands and opportunities. As an entry level AVP you are expected to have experience of projects in a change environment.
You will be expected to produce standard BDA outputs such as requirements, impact assessments, gap analysis and process flows with minimal support. In all cases your work will be peer reviewed by a Senior BDA before being issued and there will be a clear point of contact for any queries. You will be shown our ways of working and standard templates as a start point, but it is expected that you will apply your own experience and judgment to deliver the right artefacts/approach for that specific situation/project. AVP BDAs will often work on projects as the sole analytical resource, so need to be comfortable in planning and managing their own work as part of the overall project plan and objectives. It is also common for AVPs to form a team of peers where each person is responsible for a work stream or function on a larger programme. This could be with or without a lead BDA so strong team working skills are important.
There is also the possibility as an AVP that you could be responsible for assignment managing less experienced colleagues or contractors where you will be responsible for their delivery as well as your own. As you build experience and expertise, the scale and complexity of the projects you work on will also increase, and your responsibilities will broaden beyond your own delivery to include responsibility for others. This will create opportunities for you to develop new skills such as people management and leadership which will take you towards a VP position.
Key Accountabilities and Skills Required
- Provide support to business design and business analysis functions on projects
- Work with business-side clients to produce clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
- Support business case development in support of designs
- Oversee the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
- Assess and design new business change processes, systems, products and services on a change project
- Plan Change: Ensure all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements and designs
- Manage Change: Develop and implement new business change processes, systems, products and services on a change project. Provide an aggregate high level view of the combined proposed solutions and ensure alignment with the change solution. Manage interdependencies across projects/programmes and leverage synergies across projects/programmes to maximise return on investment. Review the to-be business process design to understand organisation/role impacts and create role descriptions for business process roles
- Build Executive Leadership and Commitment: Provide specialist, objective and analytical insight on all business design and analysis related activity on a change project. Lead/contribute (as appropriate) to Project, Programme and Cluster level Design Authorities.
- Provide input into the ongoing development of the Change Workbench
- Coach and mentor Business Design Analysts on the skills and capabilities required by high performing change professionals
- Manage and provide objective feedback on Business Design Analysts during each project 'assignment'.
- Utilise Professional Services & Development to accelerate and maintain skills level, particularly the development of professional change skill sets
- Use the Change Workbench to plan and deliver change projects.
- Understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to the role through reading the Code of Conduct and other allocated training. Where responsible for risks and controls ensure that these are appropriate and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
- Provide design expertise to the business change projects that the Business Design Analyst is assigned
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and value-add of our Change Management Community
- Influencing/networking - developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions
- Professional communications - making oneself understood, sharing information, listening to and encouraging others to get involved
- Analysis, creativity and innovation - able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex and business critical problems
- Understand at a high level the interface between complex business needs and the complex legal and regulatory environment in which the business operates
- Ability to juggle priorities, multi- task and flawlessly execute at speed
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment
- Understand and comply with the requirements of Strategic Change Execution Board Standard, Group Change Governance framework and Group mandated Business Change methods, standards and tools
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified Product Owner (Scrum Alliance or equivalent)
- BCS Business Analysis Certification
- Technical knowledge, development experience
- Test automation (BDD, Cucumber or similar)
- Commercial Card and Payments domain knowledge
Please submit CVs today!