Job Title: Bid Manager
Business Unit: Technology
Salary: £45,000- £50,000 depending on experience
Help us grow and take our business to new places - we need pioneers!
Babcock is on the hunt for a driven Bid Manager to work with us to build our business, and their career. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and value-driven people who are brave and able to find a way to deliver - to test, learn, and adapt and raise the bar. Our customers are at the centre of all we do, so we are looking for people who can help us and our customers work together to grow our business. The role will demand the highest levels of personal commitment and collaborative working alongside solid, demonstrable experience across the Business Winning Lifecycle.
The difference you will make
Your main responsibilities as a Bid Manager will involve:
* Managing the execution of the Company Business Winning process, including colour team reviews, competitor analysis and win strategy reviews and boards.
* Managing and being accountable for bid programmes from PQQ to Contract Award.
* Working with opportunity owners and business development teams to develop and provide customised business winning solutions and strategies
* Leading and chairing Governance and Approval activities associated with Business Winning
* In collaboration with the Opportunity Owner, to identify and champion the win themes, and business winning strategy to assure the best opportunity is gained in securing the win. To ensure all Customer requirements are captured in the tender submission
* Working with the Business Development teams to ensure that Capture Plans are handed over to the bid team at a sufficient maturity to support the clear articulation of the win strategy in the tender documentation
Who we're looking for
This role requires someone for whom collaboration and working cross functionally comes naturally with a strong knowledge of Business Winning principles alongside the strong foundation of demonstrable internal and external customer facing skills at all levels
* You should have experience in business winning, development, capture and solution development with demonstrable success in previous roles and demonstrable experience in building relationships and leading pan-business cross functional teams.
* You should be able to manage/lead Customer and Supplier engagement meetings at senior/board level with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leading business winning activities on major programmes in the defence industry and securing contracts on these programmes.
* You will also require knowledge of defence procurement processes and contracting mechanisms
Skills and attributes
You should be self-driven, well-organised and able to test, learn, adapt and transform, a strong relationship builder and networker who is culturally sympathetic and a great communicator.
We are looking for someone with strong stakeholder management with the ability to bring together internal stakeholders from across the business and disciplines in order to achieve our goals and an ability to understand technical, commercial and financial concepts and think strategically.
Education and qualifications
Ideally you will be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Business, Engineering or similar. If you have professional qualifications that make you stand out or bring something new to the role then tell us what they are and the benefit it will bring to your performance and the business
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- 6 days ago