Role: Backend Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Manchester/Newcastle (currently remote)
Duration: 6-12 months
** Candidates must operate via an approved umbrella company**
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will develop and maintain software products that make up citizen services and contribute towards their design.
You will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you build and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness and resilience of those products.
You will work within, and contribute to, the overall Software Development Lifecycle Process as part of a multi-functional Agile delivery team focused on one or more products.
- Deliver software products which make up services for our citizens to consume
- Ensure system robustness, resilience and stability
- Design and develop reusable libraries and services and promote reuse across the department
- Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and" "The skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.
- Open source technologies like Java
- SQL and NoSQL database applications such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Developing on cloud-based environments like AWS and Azure.
- Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD.
- Containerization - tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Have the skills to build up a useful robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Knowledge and experience of APIs RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.
- Web development experience in HTML5, CSS
Please submit CVs!