Azure Technical Lead
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay: up to £450 per day via umbrella (inside IR35)
Skills and experience
Mandatory to have: Technical Skills
- Understand the client cloud strategy and align it with the client migration processes and Azure practices and technologies for large-scale application migrations.
- Ability to identify the cloud architecture solutions to meet the strategic needs successfully.
- Deep understanding of Azure cloud infrastructure migration techniques and tools for large-scale application transfers, including:
- Administration and configuration of Windows and Linux OS, and the supporting technical systems (e.g DNS, AD)
- Hands-on experience of ARM templates, Azure DevOps, Azure CLI, Azure Portal and Powershell
- Hands-on experience of Azure migration toolset and working with on-premise applications
- Administration Skills, including
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Azure services.
- Configuring and managing Azure subscriptions, resource groups, role-based access control, Azure Active Directory and permissions, Azure monitoring & logging
- Configuring and managing storage and disk management systems, including file shares
- Configuring and managing networks, network security groups and firewalls, application gateway and load balancers
- Configuring and managing backup and recovery systems, including ASR configuration and troubleshooting.
- Configuring Windows (OS 2012/14/16/19) & Linux servers and systems to enable application migration
- Maintaining VMs, including patching and general updates, and SCCM configuration.
- Configuring IIS (sites/app pools); Application permission setup, SSL Certificate
- Understanding and configuring monitoring tools
- Experience with SQL Database on Windows OS, and Azure DBs
- Experience of working closely with applications teams to ensure application operations post-migration
- Ability to troubleshoot cloud services and support application investigations and remediation post-migration, including
- Investigating performance and connectivity issues.
- Driving incident and problem resolution associated with the application migration to Azure.
- Ability to identify and implement service improvements to reduce cost and improve efficiency, particularly through automation
- Experience in raising and managing change requests in line with CAB guidelines.
- Work closely with PM and Client team to deliver and provide technical leadership.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to translate between business and technical requirements and to verify that technical delivery aligns to those requirements.
- Assist with all stages of the test, development, and maintenance of application migration and post-migration hyper-care.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Excellent Communication and documentation skills, such as running a daily call with the client and developing operational run-books.
- Manage and report on the work of the team
- Manage and guide a team on incident resolution and application migration
- Able to work independently and engage easily with senior stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.