Role: AWS Security Engineer
Location: Remote - Occasional travel to London
Duration: 6 months
Date rate: £550 per day inside IR35
As an AWS Security Engineer, you will play a critical role in securing the organization's AWS cloud infrastructure and ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our data and services. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and monitor security measures to protect against threats and vulnerabilities.
- AWS Security Configuration: Implement and maintain security best practices and configurations within AWS services, such as Amazon EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, and more. Ensure adherence to AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies and least privilege access principles.
- Network Security: Design and configure network security measures, such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) security groups, Network Access Control Lists (NACLs), and VPC peering, to protect network traffic and isolate resources.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM): Manage and enforce user and role permissions, implement multi-factor authentication (MFA), and continuously review IAM policies to minimize security risks.
- Security Monitoring and Incident Response: Set up security monitoring and alerting using AWS services like CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Config. Develop and execute an incident response plan to react to security incidents swiftly and effectively.
- Security Assessments: Conduct security assessments and vulnerability scans to identify and remediate potential threats and vulnerabilities within the AWS environment.
- Security Compliance: Ensure compliance with industry standards (e.g., NIST, CIS, GDPR, HIPAA) and internal security policies. Perform regular audits and assessments to validate compliance.
- Encryption: Implement encryption mechanisms for data at rest and data in transit, leveraging AWS Key Management Service (KMS) and SSL/TLS protocols.
- Security Automation: Automate security processes using AWS Lambda, AWS Config Rules, and other AWS services to enhance security posture and efficiency.
- Documentation and Training: Create and maintain security documentation, policies, and procedures. Conduct training and awareness programs to educate teams on AWS security best practices.
- Threat Intelligence: Stay up-to-date with emerging threats and vulnerabilities in the cloud environment and integrate threat intelligence to enhance proactive security measures.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- AWS certifications like AWS Certified Security - Specialty, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer are preferred.
- Proven experience in AWS security, with a strong understanding of AWS services and associated security controls.
- Familiarity with security tools and frameworks, such as SIEM solutions, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and vulnerability scanners.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices and compliance standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience with container security in AWS (e.g., AWS Fargate, Amazon EKS).
- Knowledge of DevSecOps principles and automation tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible).
- Familiarity with serverless architecture and security considerations.
- Cloud-specific security skills related to AWS services.