Role: AWS Engineer
Location: Remote - Occasional travel to London
Duration: 6 months
Date rate: £650 per day inside IR35
As an AWS Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, and managing AWS cloud-based infrastructure and services to meet the needs of our client's organization. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the reliability, security, and scalability of our AWS environment.
- AWS Infrastructure Design: Design and architect AWS infrastructure solutions to meet business and technical requirements.
- AWS Implementation: Implement and configure AWS services, including EC2 instances, VPCs, RDS databases, S3 storage, and more.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure AWS environments are secure, compliant with industry standards, and follow best security practices.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Set up monitoring tools and systems to proactively identify and resolve issues in the AWS environment.
- Automation: Develop and maintain automation scripts and infrastructure-as-code (IAC) templates using tools like AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or Ansible.
- Performance Optimization: Optimize AWS resources for cost efficiency and performance, utilizing AWS services like Auto Scaling and load balancers.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery solutions to protect data and applications.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, operations, and security teams, to ensure AWS solutions align with business objectives.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed documentation of AWS configurations, processes, and best practices.
- Upgrades and Patch Management: Keep AWS services and applications up to date with the latest patches and upgrades.
- Capacity Planning: Monitor resource utilization and plan for future growth based on the organization's needs.
- Training and Support: Provide training and support to internal teams and end-users on AWS best practices and usage.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer) are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services and features.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell).
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Solid understanding of security and compliance in AWS.
- Experience with Linux and Windows server administration.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with serverless computing (AWS Lambda).
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with AWS monitoring and management tools (CloudWatch, CloudTrail).
- Understanding of networking and VPN configurations in AWS.