Role: Atlassian Consultant
Duration: 6 months
Location: Telford - remote until restrictions lifted
Start Date: ASAP
IR35: Inside IR35
The Atlassian Consultant is a hybrid business and technical specialist role, whose primary purpose is to enable our clients to work better, together.
The purpose of the role is achieved by understanding the business outcomes that our clients need to achieve, and then working with those clients in a close, collaborative relationship to rapidly design, prototype, iterate, release and support business solutions in an Agile manner.
The business solutions provided by this role are based on Atlassian, Atlassian Marketplace and supporting technology.
This role is an experienced-level role. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a reasonable degree of coverage of the following requirements. The core requirement is that the candidates can administer jira instances and in particular work with customers to define workflows, custom fields and reporting via dashboards and gadgets.
The Atlassian Consultant must be capable of interfacing with people at all levels in the client organisation, from ground-level technical / business contacts through to boardroom sponsors at CxO level. The Consultant must be aware of their audience and be able to frame their messages appropriately to the target audience, whilst being consistent across these audiences in terms of messages and meaning.
In addition to technical skills, the Atlassian Consultant will also need to hold or to develop an in-depth expert understanding of a broad range of business skills, reflecting the nature of the clients:
- Agile project and programme management
- Agile Enterprise Planning
- Modern Software Development methods and principles including DevOps, CI/CD
- IT Service Management (ITIL v4) and its disciplines
- Modern team-working methods and principles such as Agile, Scaled Agile, and supporting methods such as Scrum
- Business process Management
The Consultant must be able to apply this knowledge of these domains when talking to clients and designing solutions, because clients usually want their systems to reflect best practice in these areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Calm under pressure, able to balance multiple priorities.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent business analysis, problem solving and creativity skills.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Customer and value/outcomes-focussed
- Applies continual targeted self-development, personal and professional