Associate Server Engineer - Portsmouth
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
This is a new opportunity for a Server/Infrastructure Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals to deliver new and exciting IT systems into the Defence environment. The candidate shall have practical experience of installing and configuring Microsoft Server Operating Systems and VMware virtualization products, Set to work and Commissioning of Military Communications Systems.
Working under a Senior Engineer or Architect, the candidate will be responsible for the delivery of their own tasks and take responsibility for the task's technical output. The applicant will be at ease working within a small to medium sized team and be comfortable taking on new tasks outside of their skill set as required by the business: in particular a willingness to work in the wider IT environment.
The applicant will be expected to uphold quality and deliver solutions to budget and time constraints. Solutions must be delivered fully documented so a high standard of written work is expected.
- Practical experience in Microsoft Server OS implementation, configuration and testing, W2K8R2, W2K12R2, W2016., in a military communications system environment desirable.
- Exposure and experience of core Microsoft roles and features such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO's.
- Specific skills & Practical experience of VMWare, VSphere, ESXi, VCSA, vSAN, (6.0, 6.5)
- Experience of basic Cisco Routing and Switching techniques in a military communications system environment desirable.
- Calm and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Working towards, industry standard qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, such as MCSA, CCNA, ITIL, VCP, degree
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets